Ch.4 Valentines Day

This is angst. Sorry but I love writing angsty stories than fluff🙇🏻‍♀️

A table of delicious food.
Two wooden chairs.
A bottle of wine.
Two sets of utensils.
A passionate kiss.
Two young lovers.

Before that day arrives, everyday are peaceful like that....
Happy Valentines Day

14•02 Valentines Day
Natsu and Lucy. Gajeel and Levy. Elfman and Evergreen. There's lots of sweet couples in the guild today, giving each other chocolate and sharing kisses. Erza looks at them, a small smile shown on her face, but thinking about the raven haired boy, she couldn't help but feels empty.

"Erza?" Mira walks towards her best friend and keeps her usual bright smile on, then sits besides Erza and fills her cup with wine. "Mira? Aren't you suppose to be with Laxus?" Surprised by Mira's presence, Erza asks out of curiosity. "Can't I have a chat with my bestie? Why are you alone by the way?" Although Mira already knows the answer, she still chooses to ask.
"Lots of boys are attracted by you, don't you know it? Why don't you give them a chance?" Mira chuckles a little.

"I...eh." Erza's answer is cut off by Mira immediately. "Six years. It's been six years Erza." Mira still has her smile present, but her tone is firm and calm. "Gray has left for six years already. He, is not coming back." Erza avoids Mira's gazes, she can feels her tears frightening to spill out but of course, she will hold them back. "I didn't ask you to forget him, but you have to move on." Mira puts a hand on Erza's shoulder, voice fill with concern. "I believe Gray won't want to see you in that fragile state." Erza finally smiles, she stands up and takes one last look at Mira. "I know, I understand. I will move on and I am totally fine. Thanks Mira." "Erza..." Mira wants to continue but the Titania is the one to stop her this time. "Sorry but I need to have Valentines dinner with someone tonight, I suppose I have to go now. Bye Mira." Then Erza left. Being the only single person in the guild, even Juvia moves on and Lyon starts dating her. Everyone appears two by two and Erza is left alone. Mira sighs, her bright smile faded, "To escape from the reality, your acting has improved, Erza..."

In these six years, no one dares to mention GRAY FULLBUSTER again. Hoping Erza can forget him and continues to live her life. But moving on, is hard.

"I am back." No reply. Erza sighs, no matter how long she stands there, still no one will come out and replies her. Tears forming in her eyes, but before they can roll down, she wipes them away roughly. If I stopped you six years ago, all these things won't happen right?

--Six years ago--
"Gray...can I go too?" Wrapping the blanket tighter to her body, she asks the person in front of her for permission. Not long ago Fairy Tail held a snowball fight, but everyone had gone too crazy. Our beloved Titania even caught a cold and had a bad fever. Because of this fever, the mission that Gray and Erza had signed up earlier needed to be delay. Days passed and the client started to get impatient. So Gray decided to go alone. "You just get better, don't worsen your condition for a mission." Gray pulls Erza into a tight embrace. "Stay at home, if you go out remember to wear a coat."

"Gray...can you stay?"
"Umm...I guess no. The client needs us and if I didn't go, Fairytail will leave a bad impression to others." Because this mission needed mages from different guilds to join, so Fairytail chose to send Gray and Erza to go. But the enemies were too strong so Fairytail must sent their representatives to go and help as soon as possible.

Erza understood. So she gently pushed herself out of Gray's embrace. "Come back soon."
"I will." His voice is gentle and reassuring, but so what?
Few weeks later, the other guilds announce the success of the war. But strangely, our ice boy didn't return. The other mages said that the everything was in a mess when they were competing, so they didn't know where was Gray and why he didn't return. Days after days, years after years. He didn't return.

"You promised me you will come back soon..." Erza's voice cracks. Just now she told Mira she needed to have dinner with someone, that is not a lie. It's just that the person who was supposed to have dinner with her is late. Everyone said he isn't coming, but who knows? Next second, he may come back and smiles at her again, right?

Him and her had made a promise. They promised to have dinner with each other every Valentines Day. She has keep the promise, what about him? Erza puts all the food on the table and place two sets of utensils and two cups on the table. Then sit down on the seat that can see the door clearly. "It's been six years, my cooking skills has improved a lot already! Now I won't mess up sugar and salt." Erza holds up her glass of wine. "Ne Gray." Looking at the empty chair, she holds her glass.

"Happy Valentines Day."