Chapter 2

(/N/n) = Nickname 

(Y/n) = Your name 

And you were right. It was a long day.

Even till the last very last few minutes, school managed to drag out.

2:55 pm

(A/N: idk if all schools end at 3, but mine does lmao)

"Only a few minutes left (y/n), you can do this". You mentally encouraged yourself.

You decided to let your mind take over, it would easily make time pass faster rather than constantly watching the clock. A few moments passed and no matter how hard you tried, your thoughts always came back to school.

Being a senior, you were expected to do your best, stay motivated, listen in class, take notes and study all the time - after all you had to do your best in your finals. At the end of the day you were never able to do so, you were always too tired, demotivated and stressed out. Everything was about school. If you didn't do this or that, you'd fail and if you'd fail you wouldn't get your marks and if you didn't get your marks, well, you were essentially fucked for life. Clearly they didn't understand the pressure each individual student was under as they try to do their best and as they try to cope with the relentless nagging their parents.

'Even in my mind I can't escape it' you thought, chuckling to yourself. This action earned you a weird look from the person sitting next to you, a singular eyebrow raised. Your cheeks flushed as you looked out the window, trying to forget about the awkward encounter you just had.

You sighed as you looked at the clock once more.

2:58 pm

'Come onnnnnnnnn'.

Slightly scaring you, your phone vibrated. Sparing a quick glance at the teacher, who's back was currently turned, you opened the text.

It was Bill.

Or more specifically, 'asshat'.

The text read:

"Hey birdbrain, wanna come over today?"

"Sorry Bozo, but I don't think my mum would let, she wants me to study" you texted back.

"So? We'll just "study" then?" You snorted at his reply.

"MISS (Y/N)! PUT THAT AWAY BEFORE I TAKE IT!"

Jumping about 3 meters in the air, you quickly stuffed your phone away, the bell ringing in the process. Swiftly placing your books in your bag, you made your way out of the classroom and out of the school, deciding to wait for Bill in your usual spot. You always waited for each other outside of school and walked home together, given that you lived quite close.