♔ xiv. "Can I stay beside you?"

Start from the beginning

Jimin nodded in response. "Did you bring water with you?" At that, Jimin had to check his bag if he did but Taehyung was carrying his bag. Turning to his side, he tapped his best friend on his shoulder.

"Water?" Jimin simply asked.

For a moment, Taehyung was clueless. Looking at him and to their hyung, then back at him. "Oh right." Finally realizing what they were trying to ask, he nodded vigorously. "I got a bottle for him in his bag." Jin nodded, satisfied.

"Good. Be sure to call me or Yoongi if something happens."

"Will do, hyung." Taehyung waved once again, Jimin followed. The both of them waited for the car to speed off.

"Let's go." Taking Jimin by the hand, Taehyung led them both inside the school premises making sure they were walking on the latter's pace, not rushing him.

Staying awake and alert during class proved to be tough. He was beyond exhausted even just sitting in his place beside Taehyung, his eyes felt hot and his breath as well. The moment their professor left for the first period, Jimin's headache worsened when the unsettling random noise begun. He could feel Taehyung's hand rubbing his back in a comforting way but the migraine was just too much.

"Taehyung-ah." Jimin groaned quietly. Taehyung was quick to respond.

"Hm? Do you need anything? Are you hungry? Or are you hurt somewhere? Should I bring you to the clinic now? Do you want me to call Jin hyung?" The uncontrollable tumble of words from Taehyung only proved to Jimin how worried and anxious he was. This only made Jimin feel bad that he had to trouble his best friend this way.

Slowly, Jimin shook his head but gave him a grateful look. "I'm fine. Don't worry too much. I was just wondering if we brought meds for migraine."

"Migraine? Meds?" Hastily, Taehyung searched for medicines in his bag but instantly ceased when he belatedly realized that he didn't bring any medicine with him.

"I don't think I was able to place them in my bag." He was panicking now, Jimin noticed. Leave it to Taehyung to worry about him as if it's the end of the world. Jimin offered him a smile, hoping that would calm his nerves and assure his best friend that it's fine.

"That's okay." Jimin tried to suppress a flinch from the pain before leaning his head on his arms on top of the desk. "Sorry about this Taehyung-ah but can you call Yoongi hyung and ask if he brought meds with him? I just wanna finish this day without this migraine."

Nodding eagerly, Taehyung took out his phone and did as he was told. The noise was just too much. Jimin felt apologetic that he even had to block out Taehyung's voice. It felt like there was a lightning strike inside his head, and it stings that he couldn't bite back the hiss as he shut his eyes tight.

For a moment, the pain left when he was distracted by a soft tap from Taehyung. "Jimin-ah, hyung says he brought all the meds. I think he knew I was going to forget." Taehyung chuckled sheepishly. "Wait here for a bit, okay? I'll just run to his class. Don't worry, I'll be quick."

Jimin watched him stand from his seat. Again, feeling sorry, he could only nod. Noticing this, Taehyung let out a soft chuckle, bent down towards the disheartened boy and bumped their foreheads as if telling him it's okay, "Get better soon, alright?" Then he was running off.

Sighing, Jimin dropped back to his desk hoping he'd recover fast. But it definitely wasn't going to be easy with the environment he's in. The moment Taehyung went rushing off to get his medicine, random girls decided that it was okay to huddle around hin forming a suffocating circle, as if all the fuss and worrying they did would help him recover from the migraine and fever.