Chapter III - At The Pond

This is an excerpt. For the rest of the chapters, please purchase this book. Available at the author's site, deppli.com

3.1 - Arrival

Boppeli came up to his friend and said, "I'll race you, Hopel. You'll see me there first!"

"No Way! All you'll see is my trail dust, Rabbit Boy," said Hopel and off she leaped, speeding away.

(omitted)

3.2 - Floating Away with Some of the Group

The dock was a square float tied with an old rope to a stump on the shore. The rope did its best to keep the wind from having its way with the dock. There was a bit of a breeze blowing softly, carrying the dock slowly to and fro. Loeffel hopped along the shore by the water's edge to where the dock floated nearest.

"You two think you can jump aboard?" he asked.

(omitted)

3.3 - Scenic Shore View

The wind carried Hopel and Loeffel further from the shore along the end of the pond to where the reeds grew thickly together and so very high over their little bunny heads. The wind made such a noise chattering through the reeds. Our two admired the moment together, smiling to each other. Their float moved further along.

(omitted)

3.4 - "I can see my face"

Back to our two on-board the float. Hopel and Loeffel saw Bopeli arrive at the blackberry bush. They didn't have long to wonder if there were any berries. Bopeli stood up and pulled on a vine.

(omitted)

3.5 - Bunny Overboard

The wind blew. The ripples returned from their hiding place, again taking away Hopel's mirror and pushing the float along. She got more sleepy, daydreaming the colors in the ripples were a movie of their adventure.

(omitted)

3.6 - All Together Again

Loeffel and Hopel hopped over to Bopeli, who was deeply involved in the blackberries and looking a bit plumper for it.

"Hi Loeffel. Hi Hopel. You're here already? Hey, why are you two wet? I can understand why Hopel would be. I knew her curiosity playing with the Big People's shower water was getting too close to that stuff."

(omitted)

3.7 - Let's Head Home

Hopel had slowed down plucking the berries off and nibbling them gone, and Loeffel had finished his. Both bunnies looked to each other.

"Don't you look a bit purple," Loeffel said.

(omitted)

3.8 - Turkey Tracks

So, off they went. The four of them continuing up the path on the little hill that would lead them back to their house. The dust they kicked up as they hopped and bounded along floated off the trail, lazily moving away in the breeze.

(omitted)

For the rest of the chapters, please purchase this book. Available at the author's site, deppli.com

Copyright © 2017 by Jeff Hayes

All rights reserved. Published by Jeff Hayes

Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.