Chapter II - Head Down to the Pond

This is an excerpt. For the rest of the chapters, please purchase this book. Available at the author's site, deppli.com

2.1 - The Schlangli on the Deck

Hopel went first, followed by Bopeli; Loeffel was close behind. Down the deck and around the house. There they saw the picnic table, by the deck's railing.

"Hey, look!" said Hopel. "There's a cat under the picnic table."

(omitted)

2.2 - Hummingbirds and Woodpeckers

A hummingbird flew past, "Bzzzz." He hovered around the feeder; "Bzzzz, Bzzzz," checking each side. Landing on a branch for a moment, he squeaked his presence to the world, bragging about his beautifully bright colors of green and red, then off he flew dodging through the pine trees.

(omitted)

2.3 - Meet The Turkey Gang

Off they ran, down the steps and towards where the tall wild grass began. It's was so fun to run. Three little bunnies chasing each other with big smiles on their faces, raising little clouds of dust as they raced across the yard. They were almost to the tall grass when the three of them heard a swishing sound. They dug in their little bunny heels, skidding to a stop.

(omitted)

2.4 - The Bully Cat

The tribe came to a wire fence. The turkeys hopped through the fence as though it wasn't there. It was just the right height for Hopel and Bopeli to walk under. Loeffel had to lower his head, his lop-ears dragging on the ground.

"This will take us to the trail I promised you," said Victor.

(omitted)

2.5 - Bandit Dog

Bandit looked over the tribe. "Hoy! You have bunnies with you. Hello Loeffel, Hopel, Bopeli. You're on the other side of the screen door today. Out for a little adventure walk with Victor's tribe?"

"Hi ya, Bandit," said Loeffel in the steadiest voice he could manage. Hopel and Bopeli smiled, still shivering.

(omitted)

For the rest of the chapters, please purchase this book. Available at the author's site, deppli.com

Copyright © 2017 by Jeff Hayes

All rights reserved. Published by Jeff Hayes

Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.