Chapter 6

Edited

A/N - Alright! Sorry about the minor delay, there was a power outage yesterday in my area. BUT! Here is the chapter regardless of that irritation! Also, please note that this chapter is shorter than the others because the next chapter has A LOT of things happening all at once, many of which are critical for the plot and the oncoming story arc I have planned. So, please fasten your seatbelts, it's gonna be a bumpy and emotional ride. ;) 

Warning: This chapter is very graphic and contains traits of supernatural gore. Please proceed with caution. UwU

The real Kakashi ambushed the real Zabuza deep in the forests across the lake, freeing the real Zabuza's control of his Water Clones.

Every Jutsu is believed to have a flaw... However, there are numerous for the Shadow Clones.

The Shadow Clone, in addition to being vulnerable to sharp items, severe blunt force, and Chakra-based materials, had a flawless mirror of its user's mind. The human brain has entire regions dedicated to confirming that you are who you say you are. The human mind is not designed to comprehend what it means to be a Shadow Clone. Long-lasting Shadow Clones are prone to convincing themselves that they are genuine, especially in the midst of a frantic battle where one's identity isn't a major concern.

This weakness might be easily remedied via training and practice. The Shadow Clone would remember its identity once it had a chance to ponder again... However, in a stressful or bizarre scenario, the Shadow Clone may completely forget about its caster.

So the Zabuza Shadow Clone didn't even blink when it realised that all of the Water Clones had vanished. Wasn't it controlling them, yet? It didn't make a difference... Even without employing hand seals, Zabuza could construct another twenty in a second...

However, twenty would be excessive against the Genin, so he just produced one, to begin with. It would be simple to make another seven if the first one failed. That wasn't even taking into account Zabuza's Killing Intent, which, if focused, could certainly melt the unfortunate Genin's brains.

And that's how Zabuza's terrifying Water Clone approached Team 7.

It was during that internal consideration and approach towards the Genin that Koyuki finally fell victim to the lashes of feral power coiling within her, demanding to be set free. With a blood-curdling roar, bordering on an agonised wolfish scream, the shifter suddenly lurched violently from where she stood. With a harsh hurl of air and a deeply strained gasp of breath, the creature tensed and shook as a pool of blood gurgled up from her throat and lashed against the forest floor. Her eyes began to burn, the crimson flame within flaring wildly and angrily before her red irises dissipated, leaving alone the ghastly whites of her eyes. With a growled, demonised, whimper, Koyuki finally slumped back to the floor. The relief, however, was short-lived as just as quickly as she had seemingly passed out, a sharp torrent of harsh wind tore through the forest and whirled to life around her shuddering form.

Through the wisps and sharp lashes of air and debris, the Ninja watched on in horror as something harsh and skeletal-like suddenly tore through their friend's head, only a few inches from her pinned-back ears. As they pushed further and further out of her skull, it became much clearer what the sharp additions were. Like out of a horror novel, two almost dragon-like horns tore through the snowy fur of their Ninken and coiled against her head without a single flicker of cause or hesitation.

The moment the two coiled horns ceased curling into place, the wind surrounding and protecting their shifter suddenly lurched against her, flinging her form from the ground and back up into the air. Roaring in pain once more, the young wolf gasped harshly as her tufts of fur all bristled in place and were suddenly washed over with a hazy shade of black, swallowing the inviting snowy white-out without pause. Heaving another puddle of blood with a harsh cough, the beast could do nothing as she was thrown back and forth in this makeshift gale-like tornado.