Chapter Three:

A/N:   In this chapter, Tris is running in a Cross Country meet. If you don't know how they work, basically all of the schools that your school is competing against all line up, and wait for the gun to go off ( the gun always scares the crap out of me, even if I expect it),  then all of the runners run whatever course is at the meet location, most courses have LOTS of hills. Whoever finishes first wins, and top five finishers is how your school is scored. Confusing, I know.
     To help y'all visualize, Tris is wearing a red  tank top Jersey, black shorts, and black nikes. Something like this, expect her shirt says "SOUTH" where mine says, "SEVIER". Her hair is blond, unlike my ugly brown. (That's me in the picture below, running in meet that was about two months ago)

Also, if some of you don't know what a running blade is just look a dis picture I found on Google

Dang this A/N is looong!***Today is the day that we have our "City Meet" all that means is that all of the schools in our city run against each other

***
Today is the day that we have our "City Meet" all that means is that all of the schools in our city run against each other. The Chicago City Schools district have some good schools, Chicago South, Chicago North (my school), Chicago East, Chicago West. East and West haven't won a meet in against us in four years, so we need not worry bout them.
⏱TIME SKIP TO TIME FOR THE RACE TO START⏱
      I'm so nervous! We all been stressed about this meet, it is a four mile meet, and we run four laps around a hilly course, the laps being only one mile each. Ugh.
     They announce our run and we get to our starting blocks, lining up in regular formation, Varsity in front, JV (junior varsity) in the back. The starter guy with the gun says some general rules, like how we are doing four laps. I kind of tune him out, saying a quick prayer with Christina, and sucking in breaths. The starter then says we start in five minutes, so Amar calls us into a huddle. "Girls, I know this is a hard course, but run your hardest. What  do I always say?" Amar  asks cuing us to yell, "RUN TO WIN!"
    The  starter tells us to get to our blocks, and he shoots the gun.  I sprint my first mile, run the next two (resulting in me lapping a few JV runners), the I sprint like my a** is on fire for the last mile, when I lap a cluster of Varsity runners. Once I finish, I see that it took me 17 minutes and 46 seconds!! Turn the f*** up! Christina finishes in about two minutes, coming in second. By the time everyone is finished, I have switched out legs from my running blade to my regular leg, and Christina and I are drinking water. They then do awards before the boys race, and Christina and I get medals. Our school won, we beat the crap out of South.
     Our boy's team finished second, so Amar promised a team dinner, telling us to invite our friends so naturally I invited the gang come eat with us. Victory is lit.