Chapter 9

Maya, me, and Dree were pretty busy the next day making invitaitons we spend three hours and made like fifty invitaions I was so sick of writing. The next few days were spent finishing up the invitations and looking at places to have the wedding and reception. Finally it was my last day to spend with Maya.

***

"We could go ice skating?"

"No"

"Dancing?"

"No"

"Bowling?"

"No-pe!"

"Polly you have got to pick something..." Chris sighed flipping through his planner. I wonder if he really had these as options for my last night here. I rolled over onto my belly and groaned "Why can't we just sleep?"

"Polly!"

"Well!"

"Fine lets....go on a picnic?"

Maya walked into my room smiling widely "Have we picked something to do yet?"

"Nope Polly won't be serious"

"How about camping?" Maya asked smiling at us.

So that is exactly what we did. Maya packed food and Chris brought out the tents and sleeping bags. I wasn't too happy about being in the woods alone in my own tent. "Can Dree come?"

"He just went home yesterday!"

"Ugh fine"

We drove to a campsite and started walking to our assigned area. "This is soooo much walking" Chris and Maya laughed at me and I started complaining about everything. I was really trying to get them to give up and let us go home to sleep....or watch Dear John again. Since I have been here I have watched it ten times. No joke. I love that movie! We finally got there and Chris started setting up the tents while Maya wanted to start a fire. I sat in the grass laughed at Maya clearly failing at starting a fire and then laughing harder when Chris fell on his but putting the last tent up. "Why don't you try it?" Chris said standing up and glaring at me. I snickered "No"

***

I stare up at the stars laying next to the fire. Chris and Maya were sitting on a log and whispering. "Why do you think people fall in love?"

Maya and Chris got really quiet and then Chris answered me "To have somebody to understand them, make them laugh when they want to cry"

I nod and close my eyes. Suddenly I heard the car crank and I look up confused. Maya is sitting behind the wheel. "Where is she going?"

"It's a surprise"

"But.."

"Shush Polly"

I sat up and watched Maya drive away with a small smile on her face. I went inside my tent and turned on a flashlight grabbing my diary.

Dear Diary June 10

Well I have no idea where my sister is going but tonight is my last night with Maya and Chris and then its back to sharing Dree with Thomas but Dree said Thomas has been really secretive lately and wont hang out with him unless they go to Dree's house and Dree can't come over without calling first. I don't know but Thomas is strange and....I have to pee! I better go...um...do that

Love Polly

I didn't really have to pee I just heard a noise and got scared. The zipper to my tent slowly came down and someone stuck their head through the tent's entrance. I was completely shocked to see a pair of brown eyes stare at me. "What are you doing?"