Chapter 6

~Unknown POV~

Polly was outside helping Maya put her things into the car. I needed a fresh start on her diary. I looked under her pillow careful not to move it too much, it wasn't there. I looked in all of her drawers but nothing. She knew someone was reading her diary but I assume she thinks its Dree and not me. I finally found it under her bed and I flipped to her first entry before school even ended.

Dear Diary March 22

Mom was beginning to see how stressed out I was with school and well my...secret. She thinks this stupid little book will actually help me, she said she had one when she was my age so I guess I should give it a shot. Okay first off I am currently 13 years old, I will turn 14 June the 20th. I have two close friends but my best friend is Dree. I think...I should tell you my secret but...I just can't tell anyone right now...its still too weird

Love Polly

Dear Diary March 29

I know I haven't written in here but I told mom writing wasn't my thing and I wouldn't need this. Okay I have decided to tell you my secret. I have this huge crush on Dree. We have been best friends forever I just cant tell him and I really want to but I know Dree will laugh in my face, if Thomas, my brother, doesn't do it first. Plus it might just be some weird phase.

Love Polly

Dear Diary March 30

so not a phase so not a phase! I like him I really do! I was walking with Thomas and him today and the way his hair was falling in his eyes and then I complained about the distance so he let me ride to the lake on his back! I know its not exactly "romantic" but I am not the romantic type...I don't think...I don't know I used to think guys were disgusting because believe me Thomas is not the fanciest!

Love Polly

I was falling out of my chair laughing. I heard the front door open and I froze. I heard someone walking up the stairs. Crap, crap, crap! I ran to hide the diary. I heard a voice call out "Polly before you head upstairs for more of Maya's things I want you to help me clean the dishes." I sighed and placed the diary back where it belonged. I have got to be more careful.

~Polly's POV~

I finally was done helping Maya pack and leave. I was in a terrific mood because one Maya was going to get married and be happy and in love, something I wish would happen to me, gosh I was going to end up alone with tons of cats....and even the cats wouldn't love me...they would respect me....I could be like...a pimp....for my cats.....what am I thinking Polly focus! I was completely off track, okay I was also happy because I was getting to have Maya's old room! I was going over ideas of where everything would go and what kind of curtains I would want when I ran into Thomas. I was surprised when he spoke to me, seeing as he hasn't liked me much lately.

"What's up?"

"Maya, um she left"

"Well duh Polly thats what moving out is!"

"Listen Thomas I am sorry for that pra-"

"No biggie"

I was standing in front of the same boy who practically ripped my throat apart when the prank occurred. All of a sudden it was just 'no biggie'.

"Thomas are you okay?"

His eyes darted to the floor and he scratched his neck and smiled "Please just let me go..."

"What did you do...."

"I didn't do anything you moron!"

I pushed him aside and kept my fast pace going into our room. If Thomas was acting guilty and suddenly ok with a prank as cruel as that one then he had done something to my stuff. I looked everywhere and finally check my diary. I was flipping through the pages when Thomas walked in sitting awkwardly down on his bed. I closed my diary and sat down on my bed and sighed. I was getting worried that Thomas may have been the one reading my diary. I looked up and noticed he wasn't looking at me. I frowned, and looked at what he was so intently looking at. The window? I got up slowly and walked to the window and almost started crying. Thomas walked to my side and his face went pale. I was watching them so closely making sure they didnt see us. Could they see us? God I hope not....How did they find us? I blinked and they were gone. A long time ago Thomas had gotten into lots of trouble with the city boys. One of them....he....was the worst and I couldn't face the memories alone. I picked up my diary.

Dear Diary June 3

I thought I saw him today, I think Thomas thought they were there too. Maybe they were but, I hope not I really don't want to deal with him right now, I have almost forgotten him and now I start seeing him

Love Polly

~Dree's POV~

I walked down the street heading toward Polly's house. I was looking down my hands in my pockets and lost in my thoughts. I bumped into someone and I said sorry quickly glancing up. William? What the heck is he doing over here, he went to school in the city or at least I hoped he still did. "Oh hey Dree"

"Hello William"

"How have you been"

"Good I-"

"Enough about you, how is that Polly girl"

"You better shut your mouth William!"

"Haha okay okay sorry to hurt you, but how is that wonderful girlfriend of yours"

I gritted my teeth and spoke in an emotionless tone "Polly is not my girlfriend, and you better not ever come around here asking about her okay?"

William laughed and shook his head and then smirked at me and I started to feel the anger boiling in my chest. "Tell her I said hello won't you Dree?"

That was it I punched him in the eye and he fell to the ground. I kicked his side and he groaned in pain. "Leave Polly alone and leave me alone, got it?"

I didn't even wait for his reply I just hurried to get to their house.

***

"So that twerp was actually at our house?"

I nodded while Thomas looked into my eyes I could tell he was angry too. "I punched him"

"Dree...."

I looked up to see Polly walk into the room in a pair of jeans and a tank top, I watched as she put her hair into a low ponytail. "Oh hey"

"Who....exactly did you punch"

"Wi-"

"Polly it isn't your battle okay go write in that stupid book" Thomas snapped, I knew he was trying to protect her but I could tell it hurt her feelings. She sighed and left the room.

"William is just trying to get under our skin Thomas he isn't any harm"

"That is what I thought when he was making empty threat but after he followed me and met Polly his threats...."

"I don't care about that anymore okay we are not letting her get hurt like that ever again I don't care what I have to do I care about her safety."

~Polly's POV~

I was hurt that they had kicked me out and telling me it wasn't my battle. I had listened and went to my new room to start moving clothes into the dressers. I finally was done and went down stairs. I stood by the door and then I heard them.

"That is what I thought when he was making empty threats but after he followed me and met Polly his threats...."

"I don't care about that anymore okay we are not letting her get hurt like that ever again I don't care what I have to do I care about her safety"

I care about her safety.

I care about her.

Dree actually said he cared about me! I walked into the room a big smile on my face they both grew silent "Who wants to help me move furniture?!"