Chapter Five

~Dree's POV~

I dont know how long I sat there watching her sleep but I finally got tired and walked over to Thomas's bed. I knew he was already asleep on the couch and assumed I was going to be down soon anyway, but I couldn't pull myself from the room. I watch her from his bed silently she turned onto her side and sighed. He auburn hair was framing her face in the darkness. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. "Dree...." She whispered, I was hoping she hadn't caught me watching her. I got up slowly and walked to her bed bending down on my knees. She was asleep, was she dreaming about me? What was I thinking, she couldn't be dreaming about me and even if she was why did I even care? She started to whimper in her sleep and my mind quickly set into action. Without thinking I grabbed her hand and her face lit into a small smile. See you do care about her

Well she is my best friend

Ok...

I told myself to shut up before walking back to the bed and lying down.

***

I woke up some time later that night and in the light of the moon I saw Polly sitting on her bed writing in her diary or whatever she called it. I saw her look at me a few times, but she couldn't tell I was awake, she looked almost....sad....or troubled by me being here.

~Polly's POV~

Dear Diary June 2

It is 12pm and I just woke up and felt the urge to write. Dree is on Thomas's bed sleeping. I think he was the one who put me in my bed but I don't remember. I wish the wedding were now so that I could tell him and get to know how he feels. We had a nice time....cleaning my room.....I know its not exactly romantic but it meant a lot to have him with me and nobody else around. It will end tomorrow though and I will have to share him with Thomas again.

Love Polly

I lay back on my pillows and then I heard a long sigh. "Oh if only I could tell you Dree" I whispered to the sleeping boy. I nearly died when his soft voice spoke saying "Polly what is it you need to tell me?" I was silent hoping he would assume I had fallen asleep. I heard the bed make a noise as he got up and walked to my bed. I watched him the whole time. He didn't have his shirt on and his hair was all over the place from sleep. I couldn't breath. "Please Polly just tell me"

"I-I-I can't"

"We are best friends!"

I stopped and sighed really loudly and pushed him away "Exactly Dree, we are best friends"He looked shocked at my reaction. I wanted to scream please do not go back to Thomas's bed stay.

"Okay Polly, will you ever tell me?"

"I will at my sisters wedding" I was expecting him to react negatively about the mention of my sister but he once again shocked me.

"Okay Polly, you're sister and that guy make will make a nice family...night Polly"

I was so desperate for him to stay but what could I do. "I wish you would stay" I whispered turning on my side letting tears fall from my eyes. I wanted him to put his arms around me. I let my mouth fall open when I felt Dree lay beside me and I almost told him everything right there but instead I enjoyed this little moment between us and closed my eyes.

~Unknown POV~

I saw Dree get in bed with Polly. I started smirking, they both liked each other and I was going to do everything I could so that they would have to admit it. I knew for a fact Polly loved him because that was the main topic of her diary. I secretly was wanting them to have feelings for one another. I froze as I saw them moving. I should go before um they wake up and hurt me.....

~Polly's POV~

That was the best sleep I have had in years! I just don't know wh...HOLY CRAP DREE IS STILL IN MY BED AND OH MY GOSH! Okay chill Polly chill. I watched him sleeping and I sighed. I poked his nose and he slowly opened his eyes and smiled "Polly Hi?" I poked him again. "Um okay" I giggled and poked him again. I kept poking him until he got up looking at me funny. "I win!" I say laying all over my bed closing my eyes. He snorted and then went downstairs. I was still too lazy to get up. I looked for my diary and once again it was open and I looked at the door that Dree had just walked out.