Chapter Three

~Dree's POV~

Today was the day I had to ask Polly why she was acting weird. Its not that the new Polly was bad she was just different. Come on Dree you know thats not what you want to tell her

Shut up

How can you be so rude to yourself

Because you're the dumb part of my brain

HEY! Hmm I wonder

What?

Echooooo echooooo! Your brain echo's

I shake my head trying to stop talking to myself. I push Thomas with my foot trying to wake him up. He lets out a loud snore and rolls onto his back slowly opening his eyes and looking at me "Why are you waking me up? What time is it?"

"9:30"

"

"Dude come on we have to go fishing and we told Polly she can come this time"

Thomas get up and we eat breakfast and start heading toward his house, which is two blocks away. After the raining yesterday the sky was much more clear and it was perfect fishing weather, although I didn't plain to fish much because I needed time to talk this out with Polly.

We get to his house and he goes straight for the couch falling asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow. I rush up to their shared room and open the door. Polly is writing in a small book and I knock.

~Polly's POV~

I hear a light knocking at the door and look up to see Dree smirking. "What is that a diary?" He laughs and I look at him with a hard stare cutting his laughter off "So what if it is a diary?"

"You just don't look like the diary type" With that I start today's entry while Dree stays at the door.

Dear Diary May 27

 Okay right now Dree is watching me write no he isnt reading it. Anyway yesterday I yelled at Maya....I guess I was jealouse of Maya talking to Dree, I mean its pretty bad that Thomas has almost stole him from me but to lose him to....my sister...is way worse because I dont want them to be friends Okay moving on....I should try and tell Dree today, maybe that will help some?

Love Polly

I close the book and as soon as I put it away Dree and I both say "We need to talk" he rolls his eyes "Polly you have been acting weird," he looks at me and frowns "whats wrong? are you upset with me or Maya for some reason?"

"I just miss my...um...best friend I dont want to lose you and no im not mad anymore"

"You wont ever lose me! and anymore?"

"I might have been mad at Maya I just dont know why"

"Oh okay your turn"

I sigh what is the point now? "Oh nothing are you and Thomas going fishing?"

"Well yeah, we came by to get you but Thomas passed out"

"We could still go without him"

 Dree gets a sneaky smile "Or he could come too"

***

I am on a four-wheeler riding out to the lake with Dree on the other one and Thomas on the back tied down. Now now he is fine we made sure he can't fall off. We stop and start to untie Thomas and I start with the plan. I lay a quilt down on the soft muddy ground and we lie Thomas across it then we hop back on the four-wheelers and drive back to the house. I double over in laughter thinking about Thomas waking up all alone near the lake.

"This is going to confuse the heck out of him"

"He is going to be so mad at us Dree!" I laugh until my sides hurt and I go get drinks for us while we wait for Thomas.

***

It was an hour later when Thomas came stomping up the road soaking wet. I start to giggle but Dree nudges me to stay calm. "Oh you guys think you are so smart? This is not even funny" I bust out laughing and Dree try's to keep a straight face "Why are you wet?"

"I rolled over and fell into the lake"

Dree starts laughing and I am rolling around in the grass of the front lawn.

"I could have died guys! I thought I peed myself....I thought I had like a ton of pee in my bladder! I nearly drown!"

We stop laughing when I see Dad come up behind Thomas. I am in so much trouble. Thomas turned to face Dad with a huge grin on his face. Dad looked past Thomas to see our faces pale. When Dad turned back to Thomas he had already started the story. I was staring at my feet and Dree was laughing lightly. I heard Dad hold back a laugh before speaking directly to me "Polly you shouldn't have..."

"Sir it was my idea" Dree said and I gave him a small smile. "Polly shouldn't have went along with it, as for you I will have to speak with you're parents and Thomas go inside and change into something dry." Thomas left to go change and Dad busted out laughing "Smart plan you two" and I felt my heart flutter "So we aren't in trouble?" I asked hopefully. "Oh yes you two are in major trouble" and with thoes words in walked inside.