Chapter 16

*Song that's played later is above!*

Ariana/Madelyn's POV: Raymond and the rest of the task force has been searching for me for three days now. Meanwhile, I've been right under their noses the entire time. I think Dembe's onto me though. I can't get the way he looked at me when Ray was over out of my head.

Speaking of Ray, he called again and told me he and the FBI were looking for me. I acted like I was upset with him, which I really am. Eventually, they're going to discover I've been working in the FBI, arrest my ass, and toss me in jail for the rest of my life. I told Raymond the only way I'll even consider turning myself in is if I get full immunity. He said he's working on it and that I'll probably have it. But according to Harold, nothing's guaranteed.

I was feeling horrible inside, clueless as to what to do. What's going to happen when they find me out? What's going to happen to Abigail and Ronald? I decided to head to the bar and drink my worries away. I miss doing this with Raymond. The only difference between then and now is that we would drink to celebrate something.

The bar was empty except for me and the bartender. That is until the door opened, and in walked Ray and Dembe. I kept my cool.

"Madelyn? What brings you here?" Ray asked. "I'm not feeling too hot and this stuff tends to make me much better." I replied. He took a seat next to me as Dembe kept watch. "Scotch." He said to the bartender. Scotch. He always drank that when he was upset. He got his drink and it was quiet again. "So since you have your own ways of doing shit are you close to finding Ariana?" I asked, breaking the awkward silence. "I wish I could say yes." He said, "She always has been a sneaky one. I thought she would have left some sort of trail leading to her, no matter how minuscule,  but I guess I'm wrong."

I noticed my left wrist tattoo was visible. Luckily Ray wasn't looking there, so I slyly pulled my sleeve down to cover it. "Raymond you're gonna find her. She's probably closer than you think." I said, trying to reassure him. He looked and smirked at me. I could tell he was broken inside.

Maybe I should just turn myself in. He'd be able to be with me again. He'd get to know his children. But if I do and I don't get immunity, he might never see me again.

I'm still unsure of what to do.

By the end of the night we were both drunk. Dembe drove us to my house and we went inside. Luckily we're very coordinated drunks, so we weren't stumbling. I went and shuffled through my record collection, looking for something. "You like Motley Crue?" I said, loudly may I add. "Oh, the Crue! I haven't listened to them for so long!" Ray said. I pulled out my "Dr. Feelgood" vinyl and started playing it, not knowing that it would soon be my downfall.

When "Don't Go Away Mad" started playing, I couldn't help but get up and start dancing and singing. This used to be my and Raymond's song.

"Get up Raymond!" I said, pulling him up. He smiled and laughed.

"We could sail away, or catch a freight train. A rocket ship, into outer space." I sang. The twins came running out and started dancing as well as the song continued.

"Nothing left to do, too many things were said. To ever make it feel like yesterday did."

Raymond was still smiling.

"Seasons must change, separate paths, separate ways. If we blame it on anything, Let's blame it on the rain" he sang.

"I knew it all along, I had to write this song. Too young to fall in love, yes we knew it all along." I continued. I picked up Abigail and Raymond picked up Ronald.

"That's alright. That's ok." We both sang, "We were walkin' through some youth, smilin' through pain. That's alright, that's okay. Let's turn the page." We quick caught our breath.

The song continued and we kept dancing and singing. I felt like my old self again. Raymond seemed to as well. All my problems just washed away. I felt young, rebellious, and free. The kids were singing too, and Ray and I were both smiling as we continued. 

"That's alright, that's ok. We were two kids in love, trying to find a way!" Ray and I sang.

"That's alright! Now that's ok!" I sang.

The chorus approached, and we put the kids down and started skipping.

"Girl, don't go away mad, girl, just go away. Girl, don't go away mad. Now girl, just go away. Here we go!"

The solo pumped me up and I was jumping around, Raymond laughing. The music slightly slowed down for a bit.

"Don't go away mad. I don't want you mad! Come on girl!"

Once the music picked up I danced with the twins and Raymond whistled like in the song.

"I said one more time! Girl, don't go away mad!" I sang.

"Don't want you mad!" Raymond sang.

This part has always been my favorite and I don't know why. I guess it's just because it's fast. Raymond was beaming with joy. I loved seeing him this way.

"Don't you walk out the door!" I sang.

The song was coming to an end. Ray spun me around and pulled me into his arms as we both sang.

"Girl, just go a—waaaaay." I tucked my head into his chest.

I suddenly forgot who I was. It slipped my mind that I'm no longer Ariana. The alcohol was to blame. I tried to kiss Ray. He quickly pulled away.

"Madelyn." He said, seriously.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked.

"Uh. I'm married, remember?" He said.

"Oh. Yeah, I uh—I forgot. That—that was stupid. I'm sorry." I said, flustered.

"Madelyn I—"

"You should—you should probably just go." I cut him off. Ray wanted to say something, but didn't. He just nodded and left.

"C'mon kids. Time for bed."...