Chapter 4

Ariana's POV: We got back to the apartment and walked inside. "Now I don't wanna say I told you so, so I'll just say that I informed you thusly." I said, crossing my arms and sticking my hip out to the side. "Ok Ari, you were right." Ray said as he took off his fedora. "Well I'm going to bed. Goodnight." I said as I started towards the bedroom. Ray followed me.

"I still have to give you that early present." He said, placing his hands on my hips.

I think you know where this is going.

*The Next Day*

Reddington's  POV: I thought I woke up before Ariana, she wasn't in bed. At least I thought she wasn't. I shifted slightly to look at the clock when I felt movement next to me. I saw the blanket at the end of the bed lift up and a couple brunette curls poke out. "Where am I?" I heard Ari's groggy voice. I just chuckled. She eventually made her way up next to me.

"Morning." I said. She just smiled. "Hope you liked your gift. I felt like it was great for both of us." I said. Ari chuckled. The sun shone through the window and directly into her eyes. She squinted and groaned. "It always shines into my eyes never yours." She said, shielding her eyes. "At least your eyes shine bright when it happens." I said, smiling. The little gold flecks in her brown eyes were incredible.

*3 days later*

Ariana's POV: When I woke up Raymond wasn't in bed. Usually I'm up before him so this is weird. Paranoia set in quickly. I scanned the room for any sign of struggle. All looked normal. I saw his pajamas on the floor so I felt a little relieved. Everything seems fine.

Curiosity got the best of me. Usually I'm not too concerned after Ray and I have sex, but I thought it would be incredible to tell Ray he's a father on our anniversary. I went to the bathroom and took a pregnancy test, and left it on the counter to process the results. Since I'm not too concerned with the results I'll check it later tonight.

When I finished I walked out and saw rose petals leading to the living room. I just smiled and shook my head.

I followed the path and was met by four red rose bouquets, my favorite flowers. "Dembe suggested the petals. I personally wasn't sure about it, but I have to agree with him it does add a nice touch." Ray said, seemingly appearing out of nowhere. I walked up to him and hugged him. "Happy anniversary darling."

"Same to you." I replied. We locked lips for a few seconds before there was a knock on the door. We pulled away, Ray looking irritated. He let out a sigh and went to answer it. "That killed the mood." I replied. "Don't worry. Probably just Dembe with your gift. I asked him to keep it safe." Red said before opening the door. Sure enough it was Dembe.

"We've got to go." He sternly said to Ray. "Why?" Ray asked, seeming irritated yet concerned. "It's Wolfgang. He wants to meet with you." Dembe replied. I let out a sigh.

There goes our day.

"Ari, you just stay here." Ray said as he put his jacket on. "Hell no, I'm coming along. I'd love to meet the guy who tried to kill us the other day." I said, grabbing my coat. Ray just raised an eyebrow and shook his head . "Fine." He gave in before putting on his fedora. We walked outside with Dembe getting in the drivers seat, me and Ray in the back, as usual...