"If I get this..."

Shout out to everyone spending their Halloween at home, this one is for you!
A round of applause to hyelights for correcting my fatal grammar mistakes:') ily💞

-

I walked down the school hall thinking about how stupid I was how in hell I even got myself into this mess. I'm not saying that I'm a scaredy cat, but nobody with a full functioning mind agrees to enter a haunted house at midnight.

A quick flashback to what actually happened.

I was sitting in my usual place as my friends and I made a circle, killing time by playing truth or dare, and skipping the  shitty questions and dares (my friends are the worst ever to play truth or dare with). Soon, it was my turn.

“Yo, truth or dare?” Hanbin asked.

“Truth.” I stated blankly, wanting to it get over with already because I knew how stupid my friends’ dares could be.

“Oh c’mon Maisie, don't be boring!” Jiwon said.

“No I will because I know you guys too well. You'll be like, ‘go tell Junhoe you blah blah blah,’ and I’d rather have my butt bitten by a ghost than deal with that,” I deadpanned. I was annoyed; they were all giving me the look and making it more awkward than it already was and I just hated it.

“Well, obviously! You're dumb. Haven’t you noticed Junhoe waiting for you to talk to him?” Lin raised a judging eye at me.

“For the millionth time, we're just friends. That's all we are and all we'll ever be.” I wanted to bury the subject ten feet underground.

Okay, it was true. I had been in love with him for a long time but I preferred our friendship over a relationship, I'm too hard to be with. I could never put him in that position.

“Okay Maisie, choose dare and I swear I won't say anything about Junhoe.” Hanbin said playfully.

“Nope.” I closed my eyes and opened them again.

Hanbin whispered something into Jiwon’s ears and his eyes lit and I was scared.

“If you don't choose dare I'll dare Hanbin to tell Junhoe everything.” Jiwon said a smug grin on his face.

“I'll gladly accept it by the way.” Hanbin fake-whispered while the rest of them laughed.

It was a hard decision. Hanbin and Jiwon weren't the type to say something just to “tease” you, these boys had no way of negotiating - once they set their mind into something, there was no going back. I always wondered who the heck decided to replace their brains with asses. The other thing was, I didn’t trust them. I knew I could just tell them to forget it, it was just a game after all. But they took it so seriously, it had me worried. I sometimes did stupid things afraid they'll come back at me with something more stupid like what they are saying now.

“Promise it won't have anything to do with Junhoe,” I warned.

“We promise,” They said almost immediately in a chorus.

“Fine. Dare.” I forced a smile.

“I dare you to go to the haunted house up the hill. Tomorrow. Midnight!” Hanbin said, a playful glint in his eyes.

I winded my eyes. There was no way I was going to that spooky house alone– at midnight!

I shook my head, too shocked to say anything. God knows what is in there!