Oh Baby!

I take the phone from Dan, confused. "Hello?" I mean to say it as a statement, but it comes out as a question. It kind of makes me feel a bit rude, but I shrug it off. Who is Jess?

"Hello," The female sounds a bit scared, like a little chihuahua shaking during a thunderstorm. If it's a saleswoman, she must be new because she isn't doing her job very well. "This is Phil Lester, correct?"

I nod my head, but remember I'm on the phone, so I clear my throat. "Uh, yes." Dan tries to hold back a laugh as he watches me talk to this woman on the phone. I glare at him, but then smile. 

"Oh okay. I'm Jess and uh I have some. . ." She trails off for a moment, and I hear a gulp. "Sorry. I have some news for you and I don't know how you're going to take it. Ava, put that down, no. Ava."

"What kind of news?" Phil asks, ignoring the Ava thing. Guess it wasn't a saleswoman. Possibly a fan?

"Oh sorry. Uh, I think I should tell you in person, it could be a bit overwhelming, uh do you have a piece of paper and a pen?" 

"Uh no. . ." Phil says, looking at the sink and around the bathroom he was still in. "Dan, could you get me a pen and paper?" Dan nodded and set off to go find a pen and paper. "I will soon. Just a minute."

I used this opportunity to leave the bathroom after unplugging the blow dryer. I turned off the light and exited the bathroom. 

As I walked to go find Dan, phone still in my hand, I bump into him in the hallway. "Sorry!" We say in unison.

He hands me the pen and paper and I hold them up against the wall. The phone against my shoulder. "Okay, I have a pen and paper now." 

"Okay, will you meet me at Hyde Park?" She asks, then gives me her number.

"Sure," I say. Even though she could murder me, it sounded quite important. "When?"

"As soon as possible. That means now."

"Well I was kind of-" 

"Now!" She hung up the phone.

"-getting ready." I sigh, handing the phone back to Dan. "She wants me to meet her at Hyde Park, and she gave me her number."

Dan raises his eyebrows. "This sure sounds like a date, Lester. I think I'll come to make sure this Jess woman isn't stealing my man." He holds out his arms, trying to show off his muscle, even though there is hardly any there. 

I peck his cheek. "Love, no one could ever separate me from you." I giggle, taking his hand. "But you can tag along." I smile, pressing my lips to his. 

"Okay, I will." He says, after kissing me back. "We can eat breakfast when we get home." He glances over his shoulder, the way of the kitchen.

"Sounds great..." I say trailing off and looking up at my slightly wet hair. "I'm gonna go get my jumper and then we can leave, yeah?"

Dan nods his head, turning to find his keys.

I make my way into my bedroom and search for my jumper. I whistle as I search through my wardrobe, finally finding it behind my shirt with the cat pocket. I throw it on and grab my phone.

"Ready!" I shout, shoving my fingers into my pockets. My hand brushes along a gum wrapper that I had forgotten to throw away from a few days ago.

Dan rounds the corner and we head out the door toward Hyde Park.

It's not far from our flat, so we decide to walk. We need exercise anyway and it's not bad out for London.

Dan gets his headphones out and sticks them into his ears as we walk. I take this as an okay to listen to music as I walk. I take out my phone, unwrap the headphones, and unlock my phone.