Happy Ringings

After marathoning DoctorWho with Dan, I yawn. I slip my phone from my pocket, checking the time. "It's late..I'm gonna go-" I cut myself off when I look over to find a sleeping danisnotonfire next to me.

I chuckle slightly to myself, getting up gently, careful not to wake Dan. I yawn again, much louder this time and cover my mouth with my hand.

I start off to my room, but turn around quickly. Grabbing a blanket from the couch, I throw it onto Dan and kiss his cheek. "Good night, love." I whisper into his ear, a smile planted on my lips.

I head to my bedroom, change into PJs, take out my contacts, turn off the lights and climb into bed. The covers falling warmly over my body, I close my eyes and drift off to sleep.

--

Riiiiing.

Riiiiing.

I pull the covers over my head. "Dan!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming." Dan says and I hear him making his way toward the phone.

I close my eyes again, drifting off back to dreamland.

--

When I finally open my eyes again, its an hour later and almost 11 o'clock.

I climb out of bed, find my glasses, and head into the kitchen to find Dan fixing eggs.

"Good morning, Sleepy head." Dan smiles and pecks my lips.

"Good morning." I groan, throwing myself onto a chair.

"I'm making eggs and toast, scrambled?" Dan asks, holding the spatula up and turning to me.

I shrug my shoulders as if to say I don't care. "I don't care. I'm gonna go shower."

I get up from the chair and head toward the bathroom.

Turning on the light and closing the door behind me, I undress and step into the shower. I turn the water on warm, then stand with my face turned away from the water.

For a few minutes, I let the water trickle down my body, warming it up. Then, I lean my head back, making sure my hair gets all wet. I soap myself down, getting every little crevice and wash my hair. I stand there for another minute, making sure all the soap is gone off of me.

I turn off the shower and grab the towel I had prepared before getting in. Taking the towel in my hands, I dry my hair, then continue to dry the rest of my body off. I wrap the towel around my naked pale body and step out of the shower. I pick up my glasses and shove them onto my face, sighing as I grab my PJs and leave the bathroom.

I head to my room, turn on the light, and find some clothes to wear. I throw the dirty ones into the hamper to be washed later. I choose my Playlist Live tee-shirt and some black skinny jeans. My boxers have cats on them.

 "It might seem crazy what I'm 'bout to say. Sunshine she's here you can take a break." I sing quietly and snap my fingers as I walk down the hall and back to the bathroom to dry my hair. "Iâm a hot air balloon that could go to space. With the air, like I donât care baby by the way." I start to move my shoulders a bit, still snapping to the rhythm, not caring if Dan can hear me. "Because I'm happy clap along if you feel like a room without a roof," I get a bit louder as I shut the door behind me, plugging in my blow dryer. "Because I'm happy, clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth." I turn on my blow dryer, still singing the lyrics to Happy. The rest of the lyrics probably are wrong considering I only know the begining and chorus, but I don't care. Why should I? I'm a 27 year old man who is wearing cat boxers.

Between the blow dryer and my singing, I don't notice when Dan opens the door of the bathroom, phone in hand. He clears his throat, holding the phone against his chest. I feel my cheeks go red, as I see the phone. I turn the blow dryer off, and look at him, then eye the phone against his chest. "Yeah?" I say, my eyes still glued to the phone in his hand.

"Lovely singing," He chuckles, holding the phone out. "It's someone named Jess? She'd like to talk to you."