"Ashton you've known me for ten years, you can call me David."

"No problem Mr.Far- I mean David."

The door opens again but this time the doctor comes in. "How are you today Lydia?" He asks while flipping through papers on his clipboard.

"Nervous?" I say while playing with the tubes that were on my arm.

"Nervous is normal." The doctor says.

"You'll never be normal.

"We're going to give you some anesthetic now and the other doctors will come in soon to get you."

"Okay well how long will... it....start...to kick- oh that didn't take long." My head starts to become dizzy and my vision becomes blurry.

"It certainly did not." The doctor said while laughing. In my blurry sight I could see a fuzzy figure behind the doctor.

"Dad I have to tell you something."

"What is it hun?"

"Say your goodbyes sweetie they're coming to take you now." The nurse in the Minnie mouse scrub says.

"There's this girl that lives on my shoulders and she whispers me things, bad things." My mouth is dry.

"He thinks you're crazy." Skinny says, but I ignore her. I know I shouldn't probably tell my dad but something was just making me do it.

My dad clears his throat. "I love you Lydia."

"I can hear her dad."

"He thinks it's the drugs."

"I'll be here when you get back." He tells as the nurses pull me out of the room and put me into the operation room. It was freezing cold and all I could see were bright lights.

"Now just count backwards from 100." One of the doctors tell me.

"100...99...98...97...96. Her name is skinny." Everything goes black.

-

"Lydia...Lydia are you awake?" I heard someone say as my eyes begin to slowly open.

"Yeah. Am I skinny yet?"

"You know that you still have to extra stuff after this right ?" Ashton says.

"I know." I say while I roll my eyes.

"Where's dad?" I ask.

"Him and Elizabeth went down to the cafeteria to get some food."

"Have you been waiting here the whole time?"

"Yeah."

"You know you didn't have to right?"

"I know. I wanted too."

I could feel my cheeks burn up from his response.

"Oh wait I have something to show you." Ashton says as he pulls out a piece of paper from his pocket.

"What is it?" I say as I read the words on the paper.

"You call me up,
It's like a broken record
Say that your heart hurts
That you never get over him getting over you,
And you end up crying
And I end up lying,
'Cause I'm just a sucker for anything that you do,

And when the phone call finally ends,
You say, "Thanks for being a friend,"
And we're going in circles again and again"

"Lyrics to an unfinished song. I don't know you always told me that I should write songs and so I gave it a shot. I just can't seem to finish it."

"I like it." I said truthfully.

"You do?" Ashton said sounding so surprised.

"Yes. It's really good Ash. How'd you think of it?"

"I don't know it just came to me I guess." He said as I give him back the paper.

There was a minute of awkward silence but I broke it.

"What did she say to you that day?" I knew that he knows what I was talking about. The day my mom died. We were all in the hospital and she asked everyone to leave except for Ashton.

"She said to take care of you."

"Well you've done a pretty good job at that. Now I know why you would never leave me alone." I joked.

"But just so you now I'm not around you because I have too, I'm around you because I want too. Even if you're mom never said that to me I would has still been here by your side right now." Ashton said while holding my hand.

"Thanks Ash."

↠☓↠☓↠☓↠☓↠☓↠☓↠☓↠☓↠☓↠

Where can I buy an Ashton?

so she had the surgery.

the sentences in italics are skinny saying those thing btw

Thx for reading & if you stuck with this book. ily xx