Chapter 5

About two weeks after the chair accident I had my first appointment for the surgery. Dad goes with me. They did a lot of test on me and had me and my dad sign a bunch of paperwork. After that the nurse had us wait in a small hospital room. I was really nervous. And I could tell dad was too. I could feel my lips and leg shaking. But I really wanted this. I didn't only want to do it so that Luke could love me again but I also wanted to this so I didn't spend every second hating myself. I thought that maybe after the surgery I could finally be happy with my body and myself. That I wouldn't dread going to school every morning. That I could finally be able to sit in the front of the classroom having my body actually fit in the chair. That I could finally shop at a normal store where Izzy or Clare shops. I really really wanted this.

After what felt like hours of waiting the doctor finally comes in shaking me and my dads hands. She looked like a middle aged women with short black hair. She looked friendly and I hope that she was. Like ever other person in this hospital she asked me bunch of questions I felt really uncomfortable answering.

"Have you tried loosing weight before?" She asked me. I nod.

"How?"

"I tried exercising but it never really works out. I don't really eat much and I also joined weight watchers for a bit." I told her while she writes it all down into a beige colored folder.

My dad throws in the therapist he made me go see when I was fifteen. I forgot about that one. I could have added more but I decided not too. I didn't really like opening up to people. The only person I really open up to is Ashton.

The doctor sits down on a stool and discussed what will happen on the day of the surgery. They think that i'm not listening because I couldn't understand what they were talking about. But they didn't know that I did some research on my own. I knew exactly what was happening in the surgery. I even knew the side effects. But I was willing to go through them.

"Why can't she just take some nutrition classes instead?" My dad asked. She looks over at me.

"How many calories are in a Big Mac?" She asks.

"Five hundred and fifty." I answer automatically. She nods as if she knew I would know that answer by heart, which I did.

"How many calories do you need to eat everyday to maintain a weight of three hundred and two pounds?"

"Three thousand two hundred and eighty." I said sounding proudly that I knew all the answers.

She turns her head back to my dad. "She doesn't need any classes."

"Isn't she too young for this doctor?" My dad asks. I knew what he was doing. He was trying to find an excuse for me not to do the surgery because he's afraid something bad might happen to me on that operating table.

"No, she's seventeen years old, our doctors have done these operations on fourteen year olds. And everything is fine afterwards."

"How did you even get yourself in this condition."'I guess Skinny was listening this whole time too.

"It's a good thing that you are here because since she's only seventeen years old we need you to sign this slip agreeing that you give her permission to go forward with this operation."

"What if I don't want to sign it? What if I don't allow her to do this operation."

"Dad." I said while putting a hand on his shoulder.

"This surgery just isn't about looking good in jeans. Obese teenagers are known to have a short life spam. Being obese could also lead to high blood pressure and diabetes. Your daughter is already signs of high blood pressure. Don't make this wait any longer because in a matter of days she soon could be diagnosed with diabetes."