Familiar Face

Leo grimaced as a waft of fresh air emanated from the end of the hall. It signaled mealtime. The two bumbling gorillas would come in, and throw a plate of mash at him. He would only have a minute to eat the gunk before it was taken back. This had gone on for a week. At least Leo guessed it had been a week. He had no way to tell time. And it wasn't really important. He would die down in his dark moldy cage, while all the f-ing monkeys up above danced on the ruins of humanity. Leo hoped that Ari was okay, if nothing else. She deserved it.

"Leo" A scratchy voice came from the darkness.  

"Who's there?" Leo shouted back. Who would know his name here? He hardly dared to hope it was someone he knew.

"Leo, it's me" The voice came from the cage adjacent to his. A dark shape emerged from the shadows. It was a orangutan. Not just any orangutan, Limbo. There could be no doubt. Leo instantly recognized the sly wisecracking ape, who lived for money. Leo was bewildered. Was this a hallucination? The ape came closer. He looked older, a bit wiser.

"What are you doing here?" Leo asked defensively. "What is all this?"

The old orangutan smiled through his crooked yellow teeth. "It's a long story Leo. Never thought I'd end up here of all places". Leo moved closer.

"What happened here...Limbo?"

"Exactly how much do you remember?" Limbo asked.

"I-I left Ashlar. I left everyone, Ari and Pericles and you selling drugs to kids." Limbo chuckled.

"Good times."

"I thought I was coming back home, to my planet. Now it's yours I guess." Leo sighed.

"Let's not kid ourselves here," Limbo snarled, "It's Thade's planet now."

"You know what happened?" Leo asked hopefully.

"More or less. I wish I didn't, in fact I wish you had never landed on Ashlar. But too little too late", the graying orangutan said.

"Then tell me everything".

And Limbo's story began.

---------------------
So here is chapter four. As you can tell, this is a very different Limbo than the one we saw in the film. I think you'll all like the explanation. Chapter five will be up tomorrow, and it will be at least thrice as long as this. Thank you, Arianabree, for giving me the motivation to do this next chapter. You're the first person to comment so I'm glad you like it :). Thank you people for reading, see you in chapter five tomorrow!

-LopEar

PS- For fans of the Planet of the Apes Tv show, our three favorite fugitives just might appear!