“So you're trying to tell me that I was listening to your voice in songs before I even knew you?! This is so weird!” She said holding her hands against her head and staring at me with wide eyes, still in disbelief.

I laughed “yeah I guess that’s what I’m saying! So you like it?”

“Yeah, that’s Shameless, I really liked that one when I first heard it. I actually really liked the entire album…and now I’m actually complementing the band to an actual member of the band, who would’ve thought that would happen” 

“Well thanks Rachel, now I know that you really have a great taste in music”

We both laughed and finished the rest of our drinks and food. Time had clearly gotten away from us because when I looked at my phone it was nearing 8:00 meaning we had been there for almost 3 hours already, but I could spend the rest of the night taking with this girl. Rachel’s phone buzzed on the table and I saw the name “Benjamin” along with a small picture appear on her screen. She noticed it too and grabbed her phone.

“Benjamin. Who’s that, your boyfriend?” I said half jokingly, wondering if in fact she was seeing someone.

“Boyfriend? Yeah sure,” she said in her sarcastic voice, and I gave her a smile, and at the same time thinking “yes she’s not taken”. She continued on, “but if you must know, he’s a tattoo artist that I saw this week and he’s been sketching ideas for me.”

She gasped when she looked at the picture and then showed me it. It was a beautiful design so far, not yet completed.

“You’re getting a tattoo?”

“Yeah I'm getting different ones, various sessions though.”

“Awesome, you're gonna look badass! You got any other ones?”

“Actually yes I do, I have a memorial rose tattoo on my thigh dedicated to my grandpa, but thats it.”

“Hey kinda like mine but on my hand! Oh and I have this one on my arm,” I started pulling up my sleeve revealing my skeleton tattoo, “its a skeleton trick or treating cause I like halloween, oh! and I also have the All Time Low skull logo behind my ear,” I said turning and pointing to it, showing it off to Rachel.

“Wow those are nice!! My rose looks very similar to your’s too”

We both looked up when we saw the employees that were working starting to clean up and start stacking some of the chairs.

“Looks like they're getting ready to close up soon, wanna head out?” I asked her.

“Yeah, let’s go.”

—————————

Rachel’s POV

Alex and I walked particularly slowly back to the train station still talking to each other about random things. It was really nice talking to someone who hadn't known me my whole life and starting from the beginning. I enjoyed talking and walking with him while hearing the snow and slush crunch beneath our shoes.

“Where’s your car? You do drive here in the mornings right?” I asked him when we arrived at the station.

“Oh yeah, it’s parked on the other side though”

“Well be safe walking back there after I leave”

“Okay there, Mother Bear” he sort of laughed.

“I’m serious, you never know about some people at night, Alex”

“I know. If it would make you feel better I could text you when I get home so you know I’m safe”