7: Heartbreak and Betrayal

The next day was very complicated.

Thanks for saving me from Trevor, the other day, Bell."

"Its OK, don't mention it.", she said.

Bella seemed that it was a hug so she leaned in. Justin accidentally kissed her also thinking for a hug.

"AAAH!!! I kissed my best friend's boyfriend!", yelled Bella. Justin replied saying "It was an accident! It really was!"

"I believe you, I'm sorry." said Bella shaking her head slowly.

The dismissal bell rang and Bella ran out onto the sidewalk in front of the school, breathing hard like she never saw other air. She decided to run home since she didn't live far.

She felt alive.

While running at top speed with a tear in her eye, she felt like she betrayed her best friend.

Arriving home she heard what sounded like arguing. She snuck inside and realized it was Ashley and Miguel. She heard a vase fall and shatter and thought 'Mom's vase! Oh gosh, this must be serious!'

"Miguel, just calm down, please just calm down.", Ashely begging and pleading.

All of a sudden, there was a terrifying scream, and Bella ran into the living room. "Dad!? What are you doing!?"

She looked next to her father and Ashley was on the floor, tears rolling down her cheeks and she was bleeding badly on her left arm. Her sweater was torn on her left arm as well.

The neighbors' doors opened to the horrible scream. Police cars sirened in thr distance.

"We gotta hide, Dad!" said Bella as she helped her mother off the floor.

The cops quickly knocked down the door and started yelling. "Where the heck is he !? Where is Miguel!?" yelled the police chief.

"He's not here." Ashley lied quickly covering her wound. "Move woman," Chief pushed past Ashley.

Somebody yelled "I found him, Chief!"
"Cuff him!" Chief Logan replied.

"NO, no no no!", Bella yelled, tears rolling down her cheeks. "Dad! NO!" She ran towards Chief to tackle him, but Ashley held her back. "No", she whispered. With that, she cried into her mom's shoulder.

-

At school, Vanessa had actually came, but Bella didn't. She felt heartbroken from what had unfortunately happened.