IV ✘ Never a Queen

Start from the beginning

"The gardeners take good care of them." Clara dropped the boxes she was carrying on the unoccupied chair next to her.

Elena sat from across her, eyebrows clashed. "Is it just me or is everything in your house blue? No offense Clara, even your hair and eyes are blue."

Clara stifled a laugh. Someone finally noticed!

"I think our houses are color coded," Clara said, feeling the light glow of her bracelet. "You see, everything in your house is yellow Elena."

"Hmm, true. Adrien's house is very red too," Elena agreed. "Oh I'm sorry. You probably never have met him. Adrien Rosemond is my fiance." She said, a tinge of blush spreading through her cheeks.

"I guess it makes our households more distinguishable." Clara gave a wistful smile. Perhaps Elena had already been in love with her fiance. The gears of the otome game, as the bracelet said were already turning.

"Do you know the Oriels?" Elena asked lightly."Their house is very green then. Lot's of plants and trees."

"Oh, okay." Clara blinked, an onslaught of information coming from her bracelet, something about a character-Aristotle Oriel.

"Then had you been to the royal capital?" There was a bubble of excitement in her voice. "It's so cool their castle is basically made of diamonds and everything's white!" Elena gushed. Honestly, Clara had been to the Diatiro Castle too often than she was welcome in the past, and she hopes she wouldn't have to go there again. Although she does attend parties, whenever it's the royal family that invites them, Clara makes a way to be miraculously sick at all times so her father had to begrudgingly attend alone. Her father can't reject the invitation since he's the Duke Skotadi. It would be a scandal if he wasn't present. Call her a bad daughter but Clara just doesn't want to meet Avarys again. Ever.

"I haven't been there." Clara replied sheepishly. In two years, was what was hanging in the air. But what Elena doesn't know won't hurt her.

"Well that's great, you can come with me," Elena gave a bright grin. "Adrien and I are going to go on a date in the Capital this afternoon. I was just actually planning on dropping off my gifts for you but it's unforgivable that you haven't been to the castle yet! God do you live under the rock?" Elena exaggerated with handsigns.

Clara gave her a blank stare. Actually my murderer lives there, so you can't blame me for not wanting to go. She wanted to say that, but of course, she can't.

"Oh no, I don't want to trouble you Elena. Do enjoy your time with your fiance," Clara urged with a pleasant smile. "Plus they don't actually open the castle for everyone."

"Pssh, we're from the house of powers," Elena waved a hand haughtily. What she said before sounds like something better than thou game-Clara would say. "Plus it's Sunday, the museum's open and there's a mass in the chapel in the afternoon."

"Sorry Elena, I really can't leave Beleveron Estate," Clara said through her teeth. "Papa wouldn't like it." It was a lie, papa would be ecstatic if she leaves. Clara had not been appearing so much in tea parties and social circles this season.

"Oh golly, I'm prepared for that," Elena grinned, looking like an angel and hiding all things evil inside. "I asked permission from Duke Skotadi beforehand! He says, I quote, My daughter Clara doesn't want to go anywhere near the Capital. It is alright if you do take her there once in a while." Elena even managed to copy her father's voice in a low tone. It would've been hilarious if she was not forcing Clara to go to Diamond City with her.

"But...."

"By the way, your father is also working in the Capital. We could say hi." That was the last straw. Clara only sighed heavily, slumping down on her chair. Elena, her self-proclaimed best friend, really has a way to get things she wants.