💐Chapter Two💐

"Extra! Murder in Brookyln!" You called out the false headline. Your pockets jingled with coins. Race was down the road, calling out a similar lie.

"Murder in the city! Get your paper!" He said, before being approached by an angry man. Race played innocentfor a moment, before breaking into a sprint towards you, with a nervous smile.

"Run!" He said, grabbing your hand. You strugged to keep up. You tripped into a dumpster.

"Ow!" You yelled, holding your head. Race pulled you behind the dumpster as the man ran right past you. The two of you were silent for a moment.

"That was great!" Race said with a laugh. You were laughing to, but your head really hurt. You pulled your hand away for a moment to stand up, to find there was blood on your hand.

"Race... can we go back to the Lodge..." you said. He was looking away, picking up the papers that had fallen out of his bag.

"Yeah? Why does you-" he turned around and stopped. "C'mon."

He lifted you up and put you on his shoulders. You were pretty small compared to Race, so it was no probelm for him.

He walked briskly, making a B-line for the lodge. At the door, he gently set you down. 

"Jack?" You called out.

Race POV

[MN] didn't look good. His forehead was bleeding quite a bit, and it was getting on his favorite [FC] shirt.

Jack came bounding down the stairs.

"Gears? What the hell happened?" He said, shooting me a quick glare.

"I... I ran into a dumpster..." [MN] explained. Jack dragged him into the bathroom.

"You sure are stupid sometimes for someone nicknamed for their brains," Jack turned to me. "Go get 'em a clean shirt."

I quickly ran up to the bunks, and opened his drawer. It was empty besides a pair of pants and a pair of socks. I grabbed one of my own shirts.

I started to open the bathroom door, which Jack had shut, before someone leaned on it, slamming it back shut.

"Just..." the door opened just a crack and Jack's hand popped out. "Give it here." I hesitantly placed my shirt in Jack's hand and the door shut again.

I leaned on the wall outside the bathroom. Jack and [MN] spoke quietly in the bathroom.

"C'mon.... papes... [YN]... fucking idiot..." most of the conversation was inaudible. [MN] shushed Jack a lot.

When they came back out, the first thing I noticed was that my shirt was giant on Gears.

"This is not my shirt, Race," he said. I noticed the large bandage, which was probably exaggerated a bit, on his forehead.

"Well, yous didn't have any clean ones. It's mine." I shrugged.

"You could've stolen one of Romeo's. They fit me." He rolled his eyes.  The door swumg open, and Blink and Mush entered.

"-and then the other guy ran in and- woah, Gears what happened?" Mush cut himself off when he saw [MN].

"Oh, I- uh. I ran into a dumpster," he said softly. "It's Race's fault though!"

I turned my head to him quickly.

"Excuse me?" I said.

"Yeah. You're the one who pulled me down the alleyway!" He said accusingly. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever," I said, sitting down on a chair. "Does anyone want to go somewhere to hang out?"

"I wi-" Gears began, before Jack cut him off.

"Nope. You have to rest. Go take a nap." Jack pointed to the stairs. [MN] rolled his eyes and trugged up the stairs.

"Why are you such a big brother to him? You never let him do anything!" I said, once Gears had made it up the stairs.

"Because that's my job, Race! If no one else is going to be responsible I might as well try!" Jack retorted. "You got him hurt today, Race! You're always so irresponsible! With everything! You just laugh at it!"

I stayed silent. Was I really like that...?

"You're almost 17, Race. You need to get yourself together." Jack snapped, before going upstairs.

I know it's a little confusing as to why Jack is being an asshole but ALL WILL BE EXPLAINED IN THE NEXT CHAPTER WHICH WILL BE JACK POV.