As I make my way to the end of the hallway and begin to descend the stairwell that connects the two, I realise i'm getting close to the end of the dream. Something stops me from going down the steps though, I hear the sound of a door open, eerily; cliche - the slow squeaking of it's hinges creeaaaak - the sound you always hear in horror movies.

My perspective changes and I am suddenly looking at my back, near the door I heard open earlier. It's like i'm looking through someone else's perspective. I watch as my figure turns towards the door, now looking at me, (the perspective I'm viewing from). I watch as my body freeze, like a deer caught in headlights. A look of absolute horror crosses my face, a look so emotive, it could have struck fear in the hearts of many.

What could have possibly made me that terrified?

Suddenly a hand shoots out from under my view. It was coming from me? Whoever's perspective I was viewing from wasn't my own. That much was obvious. The hand was gloved and held a red ballon. As I looked down I managed to get a quick glimpse of orange pom poms, however my observation was cut short when I heard violent coughing.

Looking back to where my body stood, I saw myself hunched over with my hands on my knees. As the coughing continued to increase in its intensity, blots of black gloop was coughed out. As it hit the floor it grotesquely morphed into bugs. Spiders, cockroaches, flies and maggots - insects and decomposers of all shapes and sizes formed.

As the scene unfolded before my eyes a high pitched laughter echoed throughout the room, I slowly took steps towards myself as she, (the other me) continued to cough up the vile substance. She soon realised my advancements and scrabbled to get away. I could smell her fear, it was oddly alluring.

Not wanting to let my other self get away, I quickly caught up, grabbed her by the neck and held her up against the wall. (God I'm sorry if this is confusing ffs lmao). My hands seemed to get tighter and tighter every few seconds. I was literally strangling myself to death, what the fuck. The fear radiating off myself was profuse, saliva fell from my mouth. As my hand continued to squeeze, I saw myself starting to lose the fight within her, her eyes rolling back into her head.

——-

You sat up gasping for air as your lungs burned. You observed your surroundings only to soon find out you were in your room, on your bed.

'Jesus christ its okay. It's just another dream' you thought, slowly calming down. 'Fuck that was intense.'

You looked over to bedside table, reading your alarm clock. It was 7:30 am. Much to your demise, you needed to get ready for school. With a dramatic sigh, you swung your legs out of bed and started to pack your bag. Eventually, after placing the last book in your bag you walked past your bathroom mirror, quickly catching a glimpse of fiery orange in your peripheral. You quickly looked back only to find nothing out of the ordinary. 'Huh. Probably still paranoid from the dream or something.' You thought as you swung your backpack over your shoulder and headed downstairs. You quickly said goodbye to your parents and hurried to school.

Making it just in time you managed to bump into one of your best friends, Bill. (A/N: Bill Skarsgård)

"Hey (n/n)!" he jogged up to you, an adorable smile plastered his face.

"Oh hey Bill" you smiled, your body betrayed you as your cheeks slightly heated up.

Bill was, unsurprisingly, someone you had a crush on. The whole school basically had a crush on him, hell he was the hottest guy there. You had been friends since primary school, and essentially watched each other grow. You were sure he thought of you as a sister and nothing more - definitely nothing romantic going on there. The thought brought a pang of sadness. 'He has the whole school to choose from why would he waste his choice on you?'

Before you could continue down your rabbit hole of shitty thoughts Bill's voice brought you out of your trance "Wait (n/n) did you hear anything I just said?" he asked his brows furrowed, making him look even cuter than he was (which is somehow possible).

"Ummm...yes?" you replied pulling on your best poker face. Bill sighed and rolled his blue eyes dramatically. "Are you okay?" he asked slightly concerned "you haven't been yourself lately and you have really dark circles under your eyes. Are you sleeping?" he continued.

"Yeah i'm fin-"

BRRRRINNNGGGGG

The school bell cut you off, signalling that everyone had to move to first period. Your first subject was Modern History, a subject which you didn't share with Bill and a subject you couldn't be late for, otherwise the teacher would skin you alive.

"I have Modern I can't be late, i'll see ya later Bill" you gave him a quick smile and ran off, ignoring the annoying butterflies in your stomach. Arriving to class just before the door closed, you took your seat and the lesson started.

As the teacher droned on, you looked out the window and sighed.

This is going to be a long day.