“And why would I need to talk with you?” Damon sighs, trying to close the door in his face but Jeremy catches it. 

“Tyler Lockwood has to kill someone to activate his curse, he’s not a werewolf yet.” Jeremy states, struggling to hold the door open. I frown and get up off the couch, walking towards them. Tyler isn’t a werewolf yet? That’s news to me. 

“Wow, fascinating…but not enough.” Damon shrugs, once again trying to close the door. Again Jeremy stops him.

“But Mason Lockwood is and he’s looking for the Moonstone, a special rock connected to the werewolf legend. That’s why he is here.” Jeremy explains, and Damon lets up on the door just a little. 

“A Moonstone?” Damon clarifies. 

“And I know where it is.” Jeremy smirks, feeling proud of himself. 

“You’re bringing this to Damon, why? You two aren’t exactly friends on Facebook.” I say causing Jeremy to look at me. He raises his eyebrows and I can imagine what he’s thinking. I probably look like I was doing it with Damon on the couch. Yay…now my little brother thinks I hook up with Damon on the couch, though I sometimes do. But we never get very far. 

“Do I need a reason? I just want to help, okay?” Jeremy defends looking between Damon and I. 

“What does our sister say about this little discovery?” I question causing Jeremy to look down at the ground, “Oh, you haven’t told her, have you?” 

“Elena doesn’t want me to get involved in all this.” Jeremy says and tries to walk in but I push him back outside. 

“Neither do I, Jeremy. If I let you get involved in any of this, Elena would have my head. And not to mention I would feel guilty and I hate feeling guilty.” I sigh, looking at my younger brother. 

“He’s a Gilbert, Ari. He just can’t help himself.” Damon states amused causing me to roll my eyes. I’m technically not a Gilbert but I technically am. You get it? I hope so because I sure as hell don’t. 

“Wow, your search for life’s purpose is as obvious as it is tragic.” Damon sighs when Jeremy doesn’t back down. 

“Damon, not nice.” I mutter, defending my brother. 

“Are you going to let me in or not?” Jeremy asks, staring at Damon. Damon stares back for a few moments before stepping aside. Jeremy walks right in and to the living room.

“You did not just let him in!” I whisper angrily to Damon. 

“He might be useful.” Damon shrugs, not caring that he is involving my brother in this. 

“We are not going to use him Damon! He is my damn, little brother. I want him to stay out of this.” I argue, glaring at him. 

“Calm down, Ari, you sound like Elena. Nothing is going to happen to him, he’s just doing research.” Damon sighs, following Jeremy into the living room. I watch him walk away, standing there like a statue. It’s true, I do sound like Elena. 

Oh God, what have I turned into? I will not become my overbearing sister.

I start to follow Damon into the living room but someone knocks on the door. I stop in my tracks and sigh, annoyed. I turn back around and swing open the door glaring at whoever decided to knock. 

“Caroline?” I question surprised, my glare fading. 

“Hey, I just came to check up on my Mom.” Caroline smiles. Oh…I completely forgot Liz is downstairs in the basement…