Chapter 61

“You’re kidding? Your mother Esther was the one in the coffin?“ I repeat, staring at Elijah dumbfounded. 

Elijah nods, “I was just as surprised as you are now.”

“Didn’t Klaus rip her heart out?” I ask.

“Yes, he must have somehow preserved her body in that coffin.” Elijah explains, not too sure himself. 

“So she’s just perfectly happy? She doesn’t want revenge or anything? Revenge seems like the Original way.” I frown, and I think I just might be worried about Klaus. 

Elijah chuckles, “She seems genuine about wanting to bring our family back together.”

“So, Finn and Kol…what are they like?” I question, curious about the other two Originals. 

“Finn is…old school. Even more so than me.” Elijah smirks slightly. 

“That’s possible?” I tease. 

“He despises being a vampire though. He has always been a momma’s boy. It seems like he still is.” Elijah sighs. 

“Eew, Elena was a momma’s girl too.” I shrug. 

“And Kol is very cunning. He likes to flirt around with girls, and have fun. He knows no boundaries, he thinks everything in the world is his for the taking. He acts young and foolish.” Elijah says. 

“He’s hot though, and that accent is to die for. It suits him very well.” I point out, earning a pointed look from Elijah. 

“You’ve never met my brother. You saw him for about five minutes last night.” Elijah scolds.

“I don’t need to meet him to know he’s hot.” I smirk.

“Do not let Kol fool you Aria, he will only hurt you.” Elijah narrows his eyes.

I hold my hands up in innocence, “I’m not going to get involved with him Elijah. I already have enough problems with vampire guys…but it will be nice to flirt around with him.” I grin.

“Niklaus will not like you flirting around Kol.” Elijah raises his eyebrows, taunting me. 

“Shut up.” I laugh, playfully shoving him. Elijah laughs with me, my shove not having affected him at all. I figured it wouldn’t…

“Rebekah is going to go after your sister now Aria. She’s a very vengeful girl.” Elijah warns, bringing the mood down. 

“Let her.” I shrug. 

“You acting like you don’t care is becoming tiresome.” Elijah sighs. 

“Can’t you see Elijah? I do care. I care that everyone wants Elena over me. It has always been like that. I don’t mean to sound like some little brat, desperate for attention but it’s true…Elena will always be chosen over me. The only person who used to put me first betrayed me, and ran over into her clutches. So let Rebekah kill Elena. I might be sad, but I’ll get it over it.” I admit, sucking at keeping my cool. I’m such a mental case these days.

Elijah places a hand on my shoulder, giving me an encouraging smile. “I hope you know you come first to me Aria.”

“Aw, I love you too old man.” I smile, practically tackling him with a hug. He wraps his arms around me, his hands running up and down my back. It’s a sweet hug. I pull away from him, so happy to have him back. 

“When you need me, I’ll be here. I hope you know that.” Elijah says, causing me to smile again. He’s so freaking sweet. 

“I do, you’re the only person I trust right now.” I say.