↪O N E↩

▫▪▫

01 | B e a u t i f u l   L i t t l e  Fo o l s

▫▪▫

〰♦〰

But their face is a canvas.

Designing something that is not their reflection,

Becoming a beautiful little Hollywood perception.

〰♦〰

Song for this chapter: Beautiful Little Fools by Jorja Smith.

〰♦〰

// Five Months Prior //

〰♦〰

☁☁☁

Another one.

Every week brings the same thing; my mother's literal misconception of DJ Khalid's infamous phrase whenever it came to her sexual relationships.

It was weird. Seeing your mother have more relationships than you.

But I didn't mind- well, to be fair, I didn't care- I was too accustomed to care.

I made myself at home leaning on the door of the bathroom. Watching Hannah get ready wasn't a fascination of mine, but who knows how long she'll be here before she disappears for another month or two?

She stands in front of the mirror, her short black hair perfectly styled, mouthing the lyrics of another Bryson Tiller song, highlighter in hand.

Fenty.

That's where the money she receives from child support goes; towards buying her the latest trending beauty product.

But she was young, just turned 30.

Resting the case down and puckering her lips, she hikes her dress up a little higher, then turns to leave, pausing when she notices me standing by the door.

"How do I look?" She twirls to give me the full view.

Like a whore.