Chapter 10- Hunger

A little angry, he shook his head and smiled again. "Hiya!" He greets.

Now things felt weird. He wasn't attacking you or scaring you, it was like you suddenly got to get a proper look at him. Did he he want to talk with you? Why'd he say hi? "Uhm...h-hello." You hoarsely whispered back, barely audible.

He gives this mocking smirk that plays on his lips, then he leans towards you and turns his ear towards you, cupping it with his hand. "Wu-what? I can't hear you, speak up!" He teases cruelly.

You opened your mouth to make yourself clear, but you were interrupted by the loud growling of a stomach. In all honesty, your first thought was that it was Pennywise, even though he had just eaten. But you realised that it wasn't him...it was you. And his face confirmed it, too.

His plump red lips puckered up as he retracted from you, staring with calculating blue eyes. He said nothing, and presuming he was waiting for an explanation you placed your hand over your stomach and laughed nerviously. "Oh, that? I'm just a little hungry." You say. The truth was, you didn't want any undivided attention from him in case you do something to anger him, so despite knowing you were starving you didn't want him to know...for all you know he could use it to his advantage.

"Hungry?" He repeats. "You get hungry?"

You shift awkwardly. "Well...yeah. Haven't you ever seen a human eating before?"

"I thought you did that for fun" he states stupidly. Wow, you thought this guy was pretty uneducated when it came to people already, but you didn't think he was completely clueless. How does he know so little about what he eats??
"Besides, I would hardly call what you eat 'food'" he added with a snap of disgust.

You look away from his eyes, feeling insulted that he had just belittled you in a way. It was ironic, really, that he somehow made you and all other humans out to be the animals, but he was the one literally living in a sewer and eating raw human meat. If only you had the courage to say that to him, just to see his stupid smile twist into a frown, or perhaps even shock. But you were driven by that one irritating natural emotion- fear.

So you kept your mouth shut.

But nevertheless, that didn't shut your stomach up as it growled and gurgled again, this time even louder. It kind of hurt, too, so you clutched it tightly and shut your eyes a little to block out the pain.

Then you felt a third hand on your stomach...opening your eyes narrowly, you could see Pennywise still crouching down in front of you, but his eyes were focused on your stomach. He had reached a gloved hand out, and very slightly began rubbing the area. His features were light and you became very confused. It felt weird having this clown do this, but you didn't want to upset him so you didn't dare move.

"Hungry..." He grumbles quietly. Then his blue eyes raise slowly to meet yours. There was a scowl on his face now, and you could piece together his English wasn't the greatest when he was concentrated on something else. "I know what it like to be hungry."

You didn't know what had happened to him before you came here, so to you this just sounded like riddle talk. You blink in surprise as he steadily retracts his hand- he didn't hurt you at all. For a moment there, it actually felt like you were on the same level and mind set as him. It was beyond weird. But anyway, it didn't last long because the next thing you knew he had jumped to his feet...not only were you informed this by his sudden movement, but also from the bells that chimed on his costume as he arose.