Chapter 1 (Pt. 1)- Gone but not Forgotten

[AMAZING ART NOT BY ME. RIGHTFUL OWNERS NAME IS INCLUDED IN THE PICTURE.]

You sat in your office. This was the last day of work, but that didn't mean you didn't make the most of it. Any unfinished paperwork you rushed to complete, knowing that it would only be piled on top of fresh work after the holidays.

But now, with nothing left to do, you sat at your desk, leg bobbing up and down impatiently. Only a few more minutes left, and you could walk out of here with a reasonable check, and never return. Well, not until the two weeks you had booked off were over. Then you'd be soaring back here again. Anyway, you wasted your time spinning a pencil around between your fingers- a skill you had come to master well in your spare time in the office. It didn't require thought...you just spun it around and around automatically.

So it came as a surprise to you when you lost control, and the pencil clanged against the desk. It turns out that Ralph from the office cubicle had thrown a scrunched up piece of paper at you. You stood up from your chair angrily with the paper in you hand.

"What's the point, Ralph? Why are you always such a dick?" You question roughly. Ralph appears leaning over the thin wall of your cubicle, smirking like an idiot.

"Oh, I'm sorry clown girl. I'm just tryin' to have a little fun with you before you leave!" He snickers. Your hand tightens into a fist, and the paper gets compressed in your steel grip.

The people at the office always teased you and called you clown girl. And that reason is simply because of a story that made it to the headlines of a newspaper article that was called..."Little Girl, (Y/N), claims missing best friend Georgie was taken to the sewers to play by a 'Funny Clown'."

The untold story was, after you had met Pennywise that fatal day when you were seven, your guardian had dragged you home and questioned you on where you were and what you were thinking. When you replied with the truth you were certain was real, your parent/s became anxious, and scared. At first they thought that it was just your imagination filling in the gaps of Georgie's absence, but...you soon began drawing this clown with pencils and crayons, claiming to them that this was Pennywise. To you it was a masterpiece, but to them the photo was horrific- the things you were drawing looked evil.

It drew the line, one day, when they decided to ask you what the clown had said to you when you had met him in the gutter. You remembered the conversation quite well, and you recited most of it pretty much spot on, so when your parents heard you say these things that no seven year old could possibly make up without hearing it, they became concerned that perhaps it was more than imaginary.

So it didn't take long for the police to get involved, and the story became big in your area. Everyone knew who you were and what you had claimed to talk to, until one day the popularity of the story died out...but the ridicule did not die with it. Even to this day, when people know your name they know who you are, and most poke fun of you for it. Your stupid child self had ruined everything for you...but this was where things were going to change.

You were going to go back you your hometown and prove that Pennywise was real.

[SORRY THIS IS A SHORT CHAPTER. I WILL BE GETTING BACK AT YOU SOON WITH THE SECOND HALF MY DUDES. ALSO, I APOLOGISE FOR THE BORING CHAPTER...I NEED TO GET SOME OF THE STORY AND STUFF OUT OF THE WAY BEFORE WE GET TO THE JUICY STUFF. Lol.]