Blissful Memory

Charlie

"What?" I asked Jax. He was leaning up against the trunk of a tree. He had taken me on a date to the park. It was really sweet. He set up a little picnic and everything. He even bought a sketch book for me to draw in while we people watched. Normally I would have been drawing strangers sitting on the benches but as of late he was my only muse. I looked back up at him and he still had a little smile hanging on his lips. I would always catch him staring at me and today was no different.

"What?" I asked again but this time a small laugh came out of me. He finally broke his gaze and looked down at his book again.

"Nothing." He said, just like he always did. I rolled my eyes at him and went back to drawing him. I was shading in the shadows when I felt his eyes on me again.

"I can feel you looking, Jax." I told him. He chuckled at my words which made me smile. I looked up from my drawing again to look into those beautiful blue eyes of his. He held my eye contact for a while before he finally got the courage to say what had clearly been on his mind for the last couple of weeks.

"I love you, Charlie." He said to me, Immediately I felt my heart squeeze in my chest. It was a little hard to breathe but at the same time I felt like I could also let go of the thing that I had been keeping to myself.

"I love you too, Jax." I told him, giving him a smile. He was the first boy I had ever loved. Childishly I hoped he would be only the boy I would love. I didn't know how realistic that may have been but I was willing to start building my life around him. My parents thought Jax was just my bad boy phase. They thought that once the summer was up that my fascination with him would end. But we were now halfway through the summer and were approaching our first full year together. It might be young love and he might have been a phase for me but he was a phase that I didn't ever want to outgrow.

"Is she awake yet?" I heard a voice say. Waking me up from my blissful memory

"No... Still sleeping." Another said.

"Make sure she's tied up good. She's a fighter." Feeling a pull on what felt like burns my wrists. I shook my head slowly trying to clear it.

"Hey Las..." I heard and started to open my eyes.

"You'll just have to sit tight, lovely, until your boy comes and gets you." He said. My vision was blurred and I could hardly see his face.

"Leave her alone. The bitch is feisty. She bit me on the way in." Another voice said.

"You're the bitch."I said slowly, my head pounding. That's when I felt a warm liquid running down my face.

"You hit your head pretty bad."The man in front of me said  while a voice in the distance laughed. I was slowly coming too. I had to know where I was in case they let me talk to him.

"I take it that 'I' didn't hit my head." I said my vision was starting to come to me.

"Something like that." He said and I could see his face now. Dark brown hair with dark eyes to match. His face was freshly shaved. I looked down at my shirt and I could see the blood dripping off my face.

"My god.."I said, leaning my head back and against the pole. I had been hit before but not like this. In a fight I normally missed the full on punch or I only got half of it but this- I had obviously gotten the full punch and I was feeling the side effects.

"Hurts doesn't it?"The man in front of me asked. I closed my eyes from the single light that was hanging from the metal house above my head.

"My arm hurts worse." The voice from the distance said