Momma Charlie

Jax

"You okay, Darlin?" I asked Charlie. It had only been a couple weeks since her dad had passed. She was handling it pretty well but I could hear her crying in the shower some mornings. She was sitting behind the desk in the back office of her tattoo shop. She had worked day and night trying to get this thing up and running. Luke was right, it did need some cleaning up. There was a tea shop in it before they went under. When we first came to see it it was obvious that they trashed the place before they left. Since Charlie had been putting work into it, it looked completely different.

"Yeah I'm okay. Just trying to get everything ready for the grand opening." She told me while she was holding papers in her hand. There had been a lot of talk about Charlie opening up her own shop in Charming. Per club vote Charlie gave a big announcement that she was leaving her shop in New York to open a new one in Charming. There was press behind it and she even was offered deals by a few networks for reality TV shows. All of which she turned down because she knew it would cause a problem for the club. Never once did she seem like she was under stress but the way she had sex gave that lie away. I wasn't complaining but I hated that she felt like she had to rush this opening to help the club launder our money. I was against it but the vote passed.

"Can I do anything?"I asked her and she sat the papers down to look at me. She gave me a smile and pushed herself out of her chair. I watched as she walked over to me. She leaned up and kissed my lips.

"I'm good, baby." She told me and I returned her smile. My hand went to hip holding her still so I could get a good look at her.

"You're projecting." She told me with a chuckle and I joined her.

"Maybe I am." I said, This was going to be the first time since she had been back that I was really going to have to leave her. We had to make a run to the Arizona charter and we would be gone for a few days. We were supposed to make it back in time for her grand opening. I felt guilty about leaving her alone with my boys so soon. They both loved her and I knew that she would rather die than let something happen to them. When we were kids we didn't talk about us having kids of our own too much. I never truly thought about how good of a mother Charlie would be. I don't know why I even had a lick of doubt that she wouldn't be great at it. I also never realized how much she wanted to be a mom. She told me that she hadn't thought much of it either until she miscarried and then found out that she couldn't be one. Hell she was more of a mother to them than Wendy could have ever been.

"I'll be fine. The boys will be fine. You'll get back the day the sign is coming. Stop worrying." She told me, giving me another kiss. I nodded at her because I knew she was right. Didn't mean that I wasn't going to worry. We had lost so much time over the years that I didn't want to miss anymore with her. Charlie gave me a smirk and I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Who you leaving with me?" She asked and I let out a laugh and shook my head.

"Tig- Unless you want someone different." I told her and she let out a laugh herself.

"Tig is fine. I think he just about worships me." She told me, still laughing before it died down and she became serious.

"Chibs would have been better but Tig is fine." She told me and I kissed her forehead. I knew she would have prefer Chibs. He had become a surrogate father for Charlie the last few weeks and Chibs took the role with pride. I think he felt like Charlie was his second chance at being a decent father. Charlie had lost so much that she latched on to him and he didn't let her go.

"Take me home?" She asked. I gave her another kiss on her forehead.

"Of course, Darlin." I told her. I draped my arm around her shoulder pulling her close to me. I glanced outside, looking up and down the street while she locked up her shop. Once she was done she tossed me the key and I caught them. I walked around to the driver side of her new dark blue charger. She had sold her father's classic impala to a client of hers some movie star I think it was. All her dad asked was to meet the guy but he still paid Charlie for it. In return, she bought the closest thing to a mommy car that she would allow herself to get.