Back to reality

"She's waking up!" Wanda said as you opened your eyes.

"What's going on?" You mumbled as you tried to get up but the wires attached to your body got in thw way.

"You finally woke up" Nat smiled widely "just in time for Christmas"

Christmas? The last thing you remember is Bucky proposing to you and that was back in September. What was going on?.
"What day is it?" You asked and placed a hand on your head "What's going on?" You repeated.

"Honey you've been asleep for over two years... ever since that mission" Nat smiled and caressed your hand "you're better now?"

"How's my mother?" You asked.

"She's in Wakanda, you don't remember?" Wanda asked.

You shook your head and looked down until it hit you. Your mother wasn't the one in a coma, it was you all along. Everything that happened was just an image created by your mind.
"Can i be alone with Wanda for a second?" You asked your friends.

"Sure" Nat smiled and left the room followed by the rest of the avengers.

"I-i don't know what's going on" you sobbed "what was the last thing that happened before i..."

"We were on a mission and you were severely injured" she sighed.

"No! i mean before that, i can't remember a thing" your hands were shaking and so was your voice "something really bad happened..."

"Well... before that you took me to California for a party" she said "it was fun"

"Oh god!" You covered your face and started crying "Wanda i don't know what happened!"

"Something exploded really close to you, several bullet wounds... your body couldn't handle it" she explained.

"Not about that! I..." you took a deep breath "i created a new reality in my mind, everything was so different"

"Talk to me" she sat next to you.

"My mother was the one in a coma, i was happy and also sad... i saved the world, i got engaged" you held her hand "let me show you"

●●●

"What am i gonna do?!" You sighed and sat up "i need to get off this bed"

"Tony said you can't" Wanda stopped you.

"Tony? What about Bruce?" You asked.

"We haven't seen him ever since Sokovia" she cleared her throat "Steve and Tony had a fight recently... we haven't seen him since"

"But what about..." you said before you cut yourself out "what about T'Challa? He's fine right?"

"His father passed away and now he's the new king of Wakanda" she smiled.

"Is everyone okay?" You asked "what about Sam and Clint and... James?"

"Sam was training the last time i saw him and Clint is with his family" she said "Bucky left with Steve..."

"Goddammit!" You cried out "i have to get out of here! I have to fix this!"

"Y/N you have to rest!" Wanda tried to hold you back.

"I've been resting for two years, is about time i!-" you said before trying to stand up and falling to the ground.

"I told you" she kneeled down to help you "you are weak and you need to take it slow"

"I lost two years of my life, Wanda" a tear fell down your cheek "how do you expect to take it slow?"

You squeezed your eyes together and tried to get up with all of the strength that you had left and it wasn't that easy, it felt like your legs were stupid. Thank god you have powers...
"I'm sorry Wanda" you sighed "but i have to do this" you walked slowly out if the room and sneaked back into your old room, everything looked old and dusty.
There has to be a reason to why this is happening, you have to find Steve.
You put on new clothes and took the money that you were hiding under your mattress and made your way to the exit.

"Y/N" you heard Tony "stay here"

"I just wanted to go for a walk" you half smiled.

"You can barely walk, Y/N" Tony said.

"That's why I'm gonna go practice!" You walked slowly to the door.
He didn't believed anything and sent you back to the infirmary. It was going to take a really long time to get better and no one was helping at all.

"Can you stretch your leg to the side?" The nurse asked you and Tony walked in.

"Yeah i can do that... Tony! When can i leave this place?" You asked.

"We're gonna run some tests" he said and gave the nurse a quick nod for her to leave.

"I swear if I'm here one more day I'll kill myself" you sighed.

"Don't be so dramatic" he chuckled "Let's walk to get you checked up"

"Haha i know this is a test but i can actually walk very well" you got up and walked next to him.

"We're gonna check your reflexes and if you can run" He gave you a half smile.

"How's my mother?" You asked.

"In Wakanda, you know that" He said.

"Yeah... where's Cap?" You kept asking.

"You know that too" he took a deep breath "take a seat"

"Is T'Challa okay? Do you know when he's coming over?" You looked up at him.

"He's just fine... let's focus on your recovery first" Tony took a couple steps back as the doctor checked you up.

"Fine" you rolled your eyes and closed your eyes "I haven't seen Clint in a while"

"Yeah he retired... you know that" he furrowed his eyebrows "She may have some memory loss"

"I don't! It's just like it's been a long time" you muttered "maybe I'll go check on my mom..."

"Maybe you'll just stay here instead" he said.

You sighed and tried to figure out why he was curving everything you were saying when you realized that there might be a possibility that neither of your parents know your awake. You were also very confused about the whole Cap situation and you wanted answers.
"That's it!" You smiled and took a deep breath "i think I'm gonna go to Wakanda"