Healing

You woke up in the middle of nowhere, your body and part of your head was covered in snow. You have never been in this much pain.

"Guys! I-i don't know where i am there's a lot of snow" you said and touched your ear but realized that your headset was gone, you looked at your hand and saw the several burns "W-what?" Most of your body was burned and the rest was healing.

Standing up felt like the the worst thing ever, your anxiety raised up to one hundred percent. You had to get to a safe place or even a place where you're not gonna freeze to death.
"Happy thoughts... warm... warm thoughts!" You mumbled while you walked through the snow and trees, the wind wasn't helping you much. Just when you thought it was the end of you, you saw a house in the distance. It looked completely normal and small, maybe someone was there with a radio.
You ran to the house and knocked. A middle-aged man opened the door and looked you up and down.

"snakker du engelsk?" Do you speak english?. You asked in Norwegian.

"Yes i do" the man smiled and moved to the side "please come in".

"Thank you very much" you said and walked in the house looking around for anything suspicious.

"You're an avenger" red flag.

"How do you know that?" You took a deep breath.

"Well your hand healing as we speak gives it away" he pointed at your hand "and also the fact that you have terrible burns. And the huge explosion that happened like three hours ago.

"Did you saw anyone?" You patted your face and felt the burns.

"I think i saw iron man but it may had been just a helicopter" he said and handed you a mirror. You didn't saw yourself, it was so much worse than you expected. You couldn't let them see you like that.

"Is there a way to get out of here?" You set the mirror back on the table "i need to go to Wakanda ASAP"

"There's a plane that leaves to Portugal to get provisions, you could go in that plane and then make your way to Wakanda"

"Perfect! A loading plane leaves from Morocco to Wakanda" you smiled "When does that plane arrive?".

"Saturday afternoon" the man sat down "Can i get you some coffee? You must be freezing"

"No thank you, I'm the opposite of cold" you thanked him and smiled "What day is it?"

"Friday. It's around 6 pm" the man smiled "I'm Mason by the way"

"I'm Y/N, thank you for not being completely terrified by me" you chuckled and sat down "Are you from Norway?".

"No, I'm from Australia" he sighed "i moved here after i got divorced and my kids were out of college, they come here in fall with my grandkids. I like it here it's my happy place"

"It's very beautiful here" you looked out the window "i used to like being alone but i met incredible people later.."

"I used to love being accompanied" he chuckled "You can stay here for the night, tomorrow I'll take you to the plane"

"Thank you i really appreciate it" you smiled.

●●●

"We have to figure this out!" Nat looked at Tony.

"How could she just disappear?" Tony started thinking "Can she do that?"

"Teleportation? No" Nat sat down "She pushed Bucky and then what? The explosion happened and we didn't so much of her"

"Wanda didn't felt her energy" Tony looked into the distance trying to find a clue "what if she just disintegrated?"

"Please don't say that" Steve walked in the room "Bucky is loosing his mind, and wanda, and literally everyone else"

"Let's just send a team to the scene to look for particles or anything that belongs to her" Nat stood up "When are we gonna tell her father that she's gone?"

"Let's give it a day, if we don't find her then we'll tell him" Tony grabbed his face "this is my fault"

"Let's not blame anyone" Steve said "Just focus on finding her"

●●●

"Here's gloves so that they don't see your hands" Mason said while handing you the leather gloves "There's some of my daughter's clothes and boots"

"Thank you" you grinned.

You got in Mason's truck and started to think about ways to get in ths plane and to not get recognized for the horrible burned skin.
You figured that you'd have to be really careful and when you arrive you will take a bus to Morocco.
"Here it is" Mason smiled.

"I guess this is the last time we'll ever see each other" you chuckled "thank you so much for everything"

"No problem" he smiled.

"Hey tell your grankids i say hi" you smiled and got out of the car.

They were still unloading stuff of the plane so you sneaked behind a worker with headphones on and layed under a bag. From there everything was fast, the landing, the bus ride and the other plane ride.
You saw on the news in Portugal that they were looking for you, Tony said that they were gonna do everything to find you.

Once you arrived at Wakanda you went to the healer who gave you a natural lotion for the burns that with your power it would help to heal you even faster. Your next stop was T'Challa.

"Hi" you smiled at him.

"Y/N?" He looked frightened "What happened?"

"Gas explosion" you said "nobody can know I'm here, i need some time to heal"

"Let's go to the infirmary" he placed a hand on your back.

You were laying on the bed while massaging your hands with the lotion and watching them heal almost instantly.
"How is she?" You asked.

"We're making progress" he sighed "how could you risk your life for him?"

"It's my job, just a reflex" you lied.

"Now what's the truth?" He could read you like a book. You know each other since you were kids.

"I knew i would survive or at least save his life... i couldn't see him die" you let out a shaky breath.

"You still love him" he looked at you in the eyes and you nodded.

"Now i don't even know if he would recognize me" you wiped your eyes before any tears could come out.

"I know he would" he placed a hand on your knee "Get some sleep, maybe you'll heal faster"

"Of course your highness" you teased him and giggled.

○○○ A week later ○○○

"Where is my daughter?" Balder walked in the Avengers Facility next to Thor "Rogers!"

"Mr. Odinson" Steve seemed nervous.

"Tell me where is my daughter" His hostile tone let everyone know that he wasn't playing.

"Mr. Balder would you like to sit down?" Natasha walked in next to Tony.

"What's going on Stark!" Balder yelled.

"We went out on a mission and..." Tony sighed "She's missing"

"I should have never let you both take her here!" Balder looked at Thor and Steve "Fix this Stark or i you will regret it"

Balder stood up and walked out of the Facility. You were gone, first your mother and now his ray of sunshine. He will avenge you if they don't find you.

"Bucky!" Steve grabbed the supersoldier's arm "Where are you going?!"

"I need to go talk to him this is my fault" Bucky tried to keep walking but Steve dragged him to another room.

"Stop saying that!"

"It's true!" Bucky yelled "no one does anything! I should be the one looking for her!"

"You know you can't do it. It's an order" Steve said.

"You can't tell me what to do. She deserves better than this" Bucky was choleric "I'm going to figure this out".