♛Conveyed♛

A/N: Last chapter is here. Sorry for the wait but I hope you enjoy it to the max! :D

Warning: Slight smut but a lot of depression talk if that triggers you. There is a lot of drama and it is intended for adult readers.

Enjoy!

[-x-]

"____, trust me."

Those were his last words to you after the divorce.

A bitter gust of wind blows your hair about, but your attention remains on the house before you. It's the same house that's sheltered you since birth. The same traditional wood, the same deteriorating wooden steps, the same potted plants that decorate the front porch, the same wooden swing. 

But depression emerges from the sight of it. Once more, you're at your lowest point in life and you wonder if this is your fate. Will you continue trying to find your happiness when all it does is escape and leave you heartbroken?

[____]

News of your marriage, return, and divorce traveled quick. Everyone and their moms knew of your success and failure, and they all had opinions on the matter. Most say it was your greed that resulted in your demise; how dare you aim so far up and leave the people you love most behind like your family and Allan?

Oh if only they knew.

Amidst your return, your parents welcomed you home with open arms. Instead of aiming for a new job, you've been tasked into finishing your proposal for Akashi Enterprises. Yes, that well thought-out security proposal was a hit and they didn't want to let go of it so they gave you an option. Finish the tightened security proposal as an independent contractor and get paid a nice hefty sum for your job.

And boy did they mean hefty. The generous severance package from work and the divorce also contributed to your relaxed nature at this very moment. With sake in hand and a laptop in the other, you work at an inhuman pace to get the coding done on your application in a nearby library. Well, the only library in the area, the only other place with free wifi! 

"Coffee?"

The gentle voice lulls you out of your concentration and you glance up to see a familiar pair of kind eyes. However, they instill a sharp pain in your heart and you return to your coding in order to hide from it.

"Come on, you've been here a while now."

"How would you know that?" you spit out as you give Allan a glare.

"I can see you through the window outside as I make my deliveries," he mentions while pointing at the nearby window. Your gaze slides over to glare at said window, despising it for outing your location.

A frown mars your expression. "Hn." Your fingers graze through the keyboard once more, yet his presence remains still by your side.

"I'll just leave this here."

When he finally disappears, you glance at the dreaded cardboard cup with distaste. Bitter fingers reach out for the warmth it provides, tempted by its steam. You bring it to your lips and for a moment; the cup remains pressed against your mouth as you debate whether to drink the hot beverage. Ultimately the gumption to hate him wavers under your need for caffeine and you take a sip.

'Ah, he still remembers...' you think to yourself as you feel the liquid stream down your throat. Instead of feeling alert from the coffee, your heart quivers at a foreign thought. Maybe... Just maybe you should talk it out with Allan one of these days.