♛Piece Together♛

Depuis le début

"HAVE MERCY!"

"Haha, you guys are as lively as ever."

You pause as your heart races; you don't even need to see the owner of the voice to know who it is. Cherished memories of your high school days resurface, but they're quickly tainted by your trauma.

Your gaze remains on the wooden panels of the floor as you begin to feel light-headed. The pain in your heart consumes all rationality and your first instinct is to run away. Padded footsteps, however, break your moment of fear and you glance up to see Akashi entering the living room. Confusion paints his optics and he connects his gaze with yours, hoping for some clarity.

But you can't speak; you can't move and you're terrified to talk to Allan.

"Oh, you have company," Allan says nonchalantly. You whip your head to watch his interaction with Akashi, but your husband knows how to approach any type of situation with this one being no different.

Akashi extends his arm, offering the man a handshake. "Hello, I'm Akashi Seijuro, ____'s husband."

You can hear a pin drop from the silence that follows. It takes Allan a few moments to register the news, and when he turns to gauge your expression for affirmation, he begins to reach for Akashi's hand. They shake briefly, and Allan returns to smiling at Akashi.

"How nice... A husband, that's good." His voice trembles and he refuses to look at you. "Well, I ought to be going. I'm glad nothing is wrong with your father, ____... See you, Hojo." He departs and the room falls silent once more.

Suddenly nausea hits you, and you jolt for the bathroom. The sounds of you wretching in the toilet echo down the hallway and into the living room, where the two males stand awkwardly. "Who was that?" Akashi finally asks.

Hojo scratches the back of his head and forces out a laugh. "I... might have called her ex to take care of the dogs while we were gone."

Everything clicks and Akashi lets out a long sigh. Although his body breathes hesitation, he feels inclined to see how you are holding up. Judging from your reactions each time your ex-boyfriend was brought up, he suspected the relationship to be sour to an extreme degree. To actually see him in your home might have caused damage, and for some reason, that worries him.

"I can see why you two were having a fight beforehand..."

"I'm really sorry. I know you're the husband and I shouldn't be--"

Akashi raises his hand to pause the boy's apologies. "No harm done my way. I'll handle your sister."

Hojo lets out a sigh of relief as Akashi heads down the hall. When he notices you missing from the bathroom, he ventures deeper into the house, allowing the sounds of your groans to lead him to you. "____?" The door is open to a room he suspects is yours and where the groaning remains the loudest.

You stop and fix your disheveled appearance. "Y-Yeah, you can come in."

He enters and closes the door behind him softly. His eyes first notice the enormous collection of stocked bookshelves that line the room's walls. Complicated topics title the spines of each book, and he now realizes the amount of studying you underwent to get to where you are now.

Truly, it was an effort far beyond what he's ever put. These resources and knowledge were all at his fingertips that it didn't cost him as much to acquire his current position in life. However, your lifestyle withheld much of what you needed but that didn't appear to have stopped your conquest.

Admiration buzzes in his head but then an unknown feeling follows. It grips his heart and causes him to surrender to your emotions. He approaches you quietly, and when you extend your hand up to him, he grabs hold of it.