Chap. 1

I was Walking down the silent corridors, my focus on the door up ahead. I stroll along thinking about my family and friends that I had. My mothers voice ringing in my head, your only fifteen you don't get to go to the training.

I don't care. I'll prove that I can do it. I'll be the best.

I stop and look out the window, my emerald green eyes blinded by the glaring sun. I watch the soldiers, they look intense and focused. They hit the target 99.9% of the time.

I wanna be like them, hopefully even better.

I tie my golden brown hair in a ponytail and pull out a few whispy-bits. I turn back around and step to the door. I take and deep breath and walk in.

"Mya! You're back!" A tanned, blue eyed girl with dark brown hair in a messy bun came running towards me and pounced at me with a hug and bringing us to the floor.

Laughing and smiling I say "ahh Is how are you, I've missed you!"

"I'm good you know, on top of the world. Gotta love training to kill" she giggled as did I, "but let's go get your jacket and get you unpacked"

She looped her arm in mine and guided me to the office.

When I first joined 6 months ago, they told us to be ruthless and unkind - to not make any connection with anyone or thing. But when I met Isabella as my room mate, we just clicked. Now we're best friends, even after my 4 week holiday. My family had a few problems and I had to go on leave for a while.

I was worried coming back because I thought everyone would hate me for leaving, but Is seems okay so I hope everyone else feels the same.

We reach the office and Is signals for me to go in and I put on a smile and walk through the door.

"Mya Rose, nice to see you again" my Sargent said to me

I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared of him, "sir" I nodded and straightened my back

"I'm guessing you need your jacket"

"Yes sir"

"Well here you go" he said after walking towards a closet and pulling out a camo green and dark green jacket, and handed it to me "you have been moved up to purple band as I have not only seen you're a fighter and that I know you have been through a lot at home and you've come back with a smile on your face"

"Thank you sir" I said as a smile crept up my face and I put it on over my green short sleeved top and black shorts.

"You may leave"

I nodded and turned and walked out, closing the door behind me. As soon as it was shut I let out a squeal and jumped and hugged Isabella

"Woah girl, what happened?" She asked

"Oh My God! He moved me up to purple band! I can't believe it!" I whispered shouted remembering I'm right outside Sargents office

"My that's amazing! You're like better than me now dam, but still congrats!"

---*---

"So this will be your quad, you have a punch bag over there and a punch dummy next to it. Over there is target and dummy shooting and back there is the 3D animation where you can practice in battle. Now there is a window back there to spectate the people beside you, you can get some ideas" my new majour said to me

"Okay thank you..."

"Jack" he finished what I was saying. "So your breaks are different to other people it will be between 1pm and 1:20pm and also the person on the right of you is Layla Smith and to the left is Ace Black, remember train well and be prepared for anything" he stated and started to walk away and then stopped and turn back around. He looked at me and held out his hand for me to shake.

I shook his hand and as I was about to let go he pulled me closer and threw me over his shoulder, to which I carried on the roll and pulled him down with me so he landed flat on his back a I was crouched down with my arm holding down his neck.

He smiled "well done, you passed the first test. You really are as good as Zack says" (my Sargent)

"Well thank you Jack" I replied smiling

"See you around Mya" he ended laughing and dusting off his clothes as he walked off

"Right" I said to myself "let's train"

--------------------

Just saying, I'll be posting every Wednesday ❤️