Celebrate

#57 in fantasy!  What is life right now!!!!  Thank you for all your love and support!  Enjoy!  -ptd! 

*********

Ju Long walked Sya back to Baozhai Restaurant, hand in hand. Outside the restaurant everyone stood outside waiting for their Master and Mistress.

When they saw the new couple, Ju Long's three guards along with Ai all clapped excitedly and congratulated them while Sya's Seven Shade Hunters stood right where they were and did not react to the good news. 

Their loyalties have been always towards their Princess.  No matter who she lets in her life, their lives belonged to her. 

Ki steps forward from the wall he was leaning on and walks forward.  The small group celebrating stops and parts as Ki makes his way towards Ju Long. 

"Since you are the one that My Lady chooses, then there is nothing we can say or do to change her mind.  However, you and your men are too weak to protect her.  You will need to begin training starting tomorrow." Ki said as he stares down Ju Long.  "Fail her and know that we will end you." 

"It is only right that you do."  Ju Long said as he nodded his head in agreement. 

"You maybe the man our Lady has chosen, but we will never answer to you.  We will only do what is best for her safety." Ki told him straight out.  "Do not fail her in any way."  

Ju Long nodded his head in understanding.  The Seven Shade Hunters were protective of their Lady.  Of course they would do anything to keep her safe and away from harm.  

Sya's heart tighten at Ki's words.  Her Shade Hunters deserved to find someone special in their life and live life like it was meant to be lived and not the way they have been living for the past six years. To be always on the run, always watching over your back, never settling down, never making any friends or staying long enough to make any connections.  That was not the kind of life one should live.  

"Ki."  Sya began to say, but was cut short when Ki knelt on one knee, causing the rest of the Shade Hunters to kneel.  

"You do not understand, my Lady."  Ki said as he stared at the ground.  "Your wish for us to become normal, will never happen.  Your wish for us to meet a nice girl, settle down, and have a family will never happen.  We, your Shade Hunters have made a vow.  A vow we made and will carry until our deaths.  That vow, cannot be taken back nor can it be broken.  No matter how great your intentions are towards us.  Our word, our bond, will never waver, it will never be broken.  Our lives are tied to yours, from the moment we first breathed air into our lungs, until the last breath, our fates are tied." 

Silent tears begins to fall down her face.  And for the second time that night, she silently cried. It was due to their love, their support, and their protectiveness that was more than she could ever wish for.  It was more than she deserved.  How did she ever get so lucky to have such wonderful people in her life?  

"Thank you."  Sya said as she wipes her tears away.  

"Your wishes and good thoughts for us, are enough for us.  It is your good will that encourages us to stay by your side."  Hong said from the stairs.  "It is the reason why, we will follow you to the ends of the world and back, if it meant we will be together." 

"Then get up."  Sya said as she wipes her face with the handkerchief that Ai silently gave her. "Let us celebrate.  For tonight.  I have accepted, Duke Ju Long's hand in marriage and will become his wife."  

All Seven Shade Hunters stood up and bowed at Sya and her words, giving her the respect she deserved. 

"Yes you have!"  Ju Long said as he pulls Sya into his side to embrace her.  "I can't wait to tell Grandpa!  He'll throw the biggest fit that he wasn't here to witness this moment, but that's what he deserves for trying to take your affections and attention away from me!"  

Sya smiled and rolled her eyes.  This shameless Grandpa, grandson duo will never make her life dull.  Maybe she made a mistake in accepting the marriage proposal.  Maybe she accepted it too fast?  

"Wife!"  Ju Long said as he turned her towards him.  "Close the restaurant tomorrow, for it will be our wedding day!  I will have everything ready, all you have to do is get on the carriage that will take you to my home for our wedding!  I don't want to waste any more time being apart!" 

Sya opened her mouth to object, but nothing came out.  This man moved too fast for her self-defense to counter his words.  

"Then it's settled, since Wife doesn't have any objections!"  Ju Long said as he smiled at her.  "Lets celebrate for a while longer tonight, then tomorrow, I'll send the wedding carriage to pick you up!"  

Sya stared at Ju Long.  It was now or never.  She thought to herself.  She agreed to marry him and become his wife.  She knew she has feelings for the shameless man.  For he could make her smile and laugh.  Make her talk and listen.  Make her miss him, think about him and anticipate his foolish antics.  He was straight forward with his affections towards her.  In the end, he made her want to accomplish her dream about settling down and having a family with him.  He gave her strength to hope.  The kind of hope that she has not felt in a long time.  

"Let's do it!"  Sya agreed.  

Everyone except the Shade Hunters cheered at her words as well wishes were said as wine was shared.  

Sya smiled and celebrated with everyone, even her Shade Hunters.  For a moment, even if it was for half a night.  She wanted to create happy memories for everyone.  So that one day, should her Demon Father comes to collect her, they would have a happy moment like tonight to remember.