Wife

When Sya opened the restaurant the next day. There was already a line forming up. The six men who first stumbled across her store had now made it a daily routine to visit the Baozhai Restaurant. Behind them was four men. Three of them were dressed in all black, while the fourth man dressed in all white.

Their appearance was immaculate. Not one hair was out of place. Not one pollen or dirt could be seen on their clothes. Their handsome and manly appearance attracted attention. Especially the man in white. His tall and broad shoulders brought every women's attention to his beauty. He had dark blue hair, so dark it looked black. But in the sun or under the moon, it shined blue. His sculptured features were sharp and defined. He had stormy grey eyes that drew you in and his full, luscious lips that was always stuck in a cheshire smile. As if he knew all of your secrets, just by looking at you.

Ai invited the first ten people in, causing the people behind them to become happy and yet sad at the same time. Happy because the line was moving forward. Sad because they still had to wait.

"Good Morning, gentlemen, and welcome to Baozhai Restaurant." Ai said as she stood in front of the two groups. "What can I get you gentlemen?"

The six men ordered everything on the menu and two jugs of wine with one pot of tea. While the four men also ordered everything on the menu with three jugs of wine and two pots of tea.

As Ai handed out one pot of tea to each table, then gave them both one jug of wine to start with, Ai had already given out the order for Sya. As Sya started cooking, the aroma filled the air and made the men quiet. They all watch Sya in a trance as she chopped, diced, mixed, fried, stirred, boiled, and simmer the food. Her movements was an art form. As if everything in the kitchen was an extension of her arm. Order by order, came out quickly as Ai served the food to the first group of men, then to the second group of men.

They all couldn't help themselves as they dug into the food ferociously like a wild animal. Not even caring about table manners and etiquette, the bowls and plates of food were completely clean within minutes, causing them to sigh in contentment.

The six men quickly left to cultivate and six different people came in to replace the empty seats. All though out the day Sya didn't pay attention to the patrons that came inside the restaurant. She was too busy and cared only about cooking, that she didn't notice that the four men who came in the morning, had not left by the end of the day.

It was only when Ai came up to the kitchen window to complain about the four men who hasn't left yet, Sya finally looked up to see the handsome group drinking their wine and tea in a leisurely pace.

"Let them enjoy the last jug and pot. We can clean in the mean time." Sya tells Ai.

Ai pouts at Sya's decision, but she nods her head to agree then starts to wipe down the table and chairs before moving them to the side so she could sweep and mop the floor. Sya was in the kitchen washing the dishes and prepping food for tomorrow, before cleaning her work space. After sweeping and mopping the floor, she looked up to see that the four men were still there. Their pot of tea was finished, but their jug of wine was still full.

"Ai." Sya called her over.

"Yes, my lady?"

"Have they settled their bill yet?"

"No, my lady." Ai confessed.

"What is their total?" Sya asked.

"2 million gold coins." Ai whispered.

Sya's eyes enlarged. How did Ai let this happen?

"Forgive me my lady." Ai quickly said as she bowed. "They looked as if they can afford the price when they first came, but they have stayed here since this morning. Their bill kept increasing with each pot of tea and jug of wine. Lunch became dinner. Dinner became a late night snack. They just kept on adding on to their bill and...."

"Forget it." Sya said as she waved her hand to shut Ai up. "I'll ask for it and get them to leave after their last jug of wine."

"My Lady." Ai said as she bowed to her once again, but this time it was in hero worship. Her lady, Sya could do anything at she put her mind to. She was never scared of anyone or anything, she was the strongest person that Ai knew, and Sya was the most beautifulest and kindest lady she's ever known.

Sya walked up to the four men and bowed to them before speaking.

"Fine gentlemen. I hope your visit here at Baozhai Restaurant is to your liking." Sya began to say. "As you can see, it is closing time, as as the owner of this fine establishment, you are welcome to stay until you finish the rest of the wine in that jug, but I must ask for your bill to be paid for the food and drinks you have consumed today."

Three of the men, stared at the wine cup in front of them, as if they did not see her. The fourth man stared at Sya like a hungry wolf staring at a baby lamb.

"Your food and drinks you serve here are the best." The man in white said as he sipped on the Hell's Morning Dew Drop Wine. "I've never tasted anything like this before. Your food is not only good in taste and flavor, it also helps one clean, gather, and purify one's body. Tell me, what is your secret?"

"Dear patron." Sya said as she looked down at their table and not at the patron. She wanted to seem humble in front of them and not boastful of her skills. "It is a secret, thus I cannot speak of it. The skills that I have, is because of hard work. The taste and flavor is because of my passion. Anything else, I am sorry, but I cannot tell you my secret. As for the bill?"

"Ah yes." The man in white said. "How much is our bill?"

"2 million gold coins." Sya said.

"Pay them." The man in white said to one of the men in black.

The man right who sat across from the white man stood up and reached inside his robe. He pulls out a heavy bag and gives it over to Sya.

Sya opens the bag and it is 8 gold bars. One bar is one million gold coins.

Sya looks up and her dark sea blue eyes meets the stormy grey eyes of the man in white.

"This is too much." Sya began to say as she reaches in to pull out two gold bars.

"For future payment." The man in white said as he smiled at her.

"If it is like that, then you are welcome to come back any time." Sya said as she smiled at them. "Until the rest of the 6 gold bars are used to pay for your bills."

"I will have money for you then." The man in white said as he gave her a cheshire smile. "I wouldn't want my wife to misunderstand me."