Ai's Wicked Tongue (3)

"I doubt you are the owner of the restaurant. Where is the owner to Baozhai Restaurant?" Prime Minister Note said pompously. "Bring him out this instant! I demand to speak to the owner!"

"I don't think you're worthy enough to speak to the owner." Ai said as she crossed her arms in front of her chest. "I don't even know who you are. Who are you to demand to see my boss?!"

Peter Note wanted to rip the impudent girl's mouth right off, but he saw that Duke Ju Long and his men were sitting in the restaurant. He couldn't just destroy the place like he had planned. They would be witnesses to his tyranny.

"My daddy is Prime Minister Peter Note!" Ruby said as she stepped forward. "You should kneel in his presence!"

"Why?" Ai said as she turned her head towards the spoiled girl. "He's not the King or part of the Royal Family. Why should I kneel to the King's dog?"

Peter had to grab hold of his heart when he heard the girl compare him to a dog. A mouthful of blood had already filled his mouth, but he didn't want to give her the satisfaction of knowing how her wicked tongue made him feel.

Ju Long's three bodyguards were trying to hold in their laughter, for Ai calling Prime Minister Note the King's dog. She also implied that Ju Long was also the King's dog for holding the Tiger Seal and commanding 300,000 men.

Ju Long quickly glanced at his men, a cold stare shut them up quickly as they would be considered Ju Long's dogs, by Ai's logic.

"This restaurant is closed, indefinitely!" Peter shouted.

"By whose order?" Ai asked. "Yours? Ha! What a joke! You're the Prime Minister. You only argue and make laws. You should mind your business and go back to the court hall where your opinions matter. You're not the King, who can make a decree to close down this restaurant. Nor do you own the land this restaurant is on. Nor do you own anything that belongs to this store! Who do you think you are, to be coming into this restaurant when it's close? Who do you think you are that you have some kind of authority here and demand that this restaurant close down for good? You must be dreaming if you think you and your people are going to close this restaurant down."

A drop of blood could be seen coming down the side of Peter's mouth, for a second spout of anger filled him to the core.

"Your daughter tell you to close down this restaurant because we made her lose face? If she told you to jump off the mountain ledge and fall to your death, will you do it? If she told you to swim the ocean and drown, would you do it? How are you going to let a child dictate your actions. Are you the parent or is she?" Ai said as she looked down on them even more.

Peter opened his mouth to argue back, but Ai cut him off, not letting him have a single word in.

"Did she also tell you that she and three of her friends snuck out of the house late at night to go look for men and meet them? Did she tell you that they wandered the streets of this city without a SINGLE maid or nurse or a SINGLE bodyguard?" Ai said as she sneered at them. "Your precious daughter who you spoiled, betrayed her word of purity and virtuous behavior. Instead of honoring you and your teachings. Instead of teaching her a lesson for her less than ladylike behavior and ruining her reputation, you bring her out here to indulge her and make you lose even more face!"

"Daddy, don't listen to her she's lying!" Ruby cried out.

"Ha! Last night, Duke Ju Long was here along with his three guards. Want to ask them who is lying and who is telling the truth?" Ai challenged them. "Prime Minister Note, not only is your daughter a sneaky, men-chasing, indecent lady, but she is a liar too! What kind of things have you been teaching her? What kind of things has your wife been teaching her?"

Ai scoffed at them before clapping then snapping her finger as if an idea just came to her.

"Oh, I get it! Your daughter must be slow in learning! Poor Prime Minister! To have her get her brains from her Mother and not from her Father." Ai shook her head side to side. Ai had insulted Peter, his wife, Hana, and Ruby within a matter of minutes. "But then again, she is a nobleman's daughter and not a son. A daughter of noble standing that relies on her beauty to catch a husband and not brains to succeed in life.  But couldn't you at least teach her to stay home when it gets dark so the Note Family won't lose any face? That's the most simplest thing, but even she failed at that!"

Peter was struck with silence as he could not argue back. For the wicked tongue of hers mocked him and his family, but there were also some truths to the things she said.

"You've indulged your daughter for far too long, Prime Minister Note. You have not helped her in anyway by doing so. You have made her incompetent to honoring your name, respecting herself and taking any kind of responsibility to her words and actions. Tsk. And you're suppose to be the Prime Minister to the King. Maybe you're getting too old for your position and should step down so someone competent can step in and do the job properly while managing the household."

Ju Long and his three guards had long ago broke into a smile as they listened to Ai rip the Prime Minister down, piece by piece. She attacked the Prime Minister's whole family then came around to attack his position as Prime Minister. Ai had a wicked tongue indeed. And this wasn't the first time they were witness to it. It made them remember not to be on the receiving end of it.

"This is the kind of a daughter you listened to tonight and came here with her lies and wanted to close down this restaurant! Ha! I was right when I told you that you weren't worthy enough to meet the owner and boss of Baozhai! Go back home or wherever you came from. You, your family, and your people, including your guards and servants are never allowed back. We don't welcome stupid people here. It pollutes the air."