Esker in Lethiel: Part 3

Start from the beginning

Strong. Is he talking about willpower? He means that fatass Bolthor has some willpower that gave him some extra muscle power? And to think I got flogged by such a sorry hammer having this immortal body, embrasses me even more!

"I know you're angry but... stop fogging. You'll put out the fire.", the alchemist stated amused.

I fisted my hand and packed a punch into the other palm. "Anything else?"

"And about that girl Matilda.", he paused and looked at me.

Holy shit! I knew it was coming. "What?", I tried to be as normal as possible.

"She's a vampire."

I jumped up, shocked and stunned. I knew there was something off about her but... to think she's a vampire! My head was constantly trying to hypothesize she wasn't a vampire, "Vampire?! But she was roaming in open daylight."

"Magic."

"No jokes! Since when can vampires use magic!" Vampires can't use magic cause they are cursed.

"Vampires were cursed by the demon king for betrayal, so they can't use magic but... if they drink the blood of a mage. They can use magic again.", the alchemist grinned.

Blood of a mage, huh. Guess that explains why she didn't burnt away under sun. "So what about her?"

"She's a skillful vampire mage. As proficient as Aracius. Remember how you feel asleep in the tavern, how Bolthor was able to dodge your meteorite of ice; all of it was her. Kill her. She's one of the main pawns of Felix.", the alchemist replied in a serious tone. Scratching at his pointy chin.

"Kill her!", I exclaimed. "If we can capture her she could be useful to us."

"Yes, she would be useful to me. On the operation table, for studying vampire anatomy.", the alchemist sighed, grinning as if waiting for that very moment.

"No No! I meant she can give us insight on Felix."

" You really think she will say a word, even under torture? This vampire girl, what is she to you?", the alchemist asked, stern eyes locked on me.

As soon as I felt his eyes on me I looked away. Don't look at me like that, old fart. How am I supposed to answer this? Matilda... she's...

"If you can't figure out then let me tell you. She's no one to you, except for a foe."

Only a foe? But when she speaks to me, when she takes my name, when she looks at me with those eyes of hers and when we kissed...

The alchemist's hand fell on my shoulder. He shook me up and squeezed his grip on my shoulder. "You think you've developed feelings for her, you think you love her, right? Let me make it clear to you, your feelings for her are just hollow bubbles out of loneliness. A lonely person like you will fall for anyone who's nice to you. Do you understand how stupid this is! And her seductive nature, it only acts as a catalyst in fooling you into love. I'm telling you again. Kill her..."

He totally broke me. Hollow bubbles out of loneliness? Damn, I feel so miserable. "So... I got carried away by my feelings. Is it why I lost?"

"Yes.", he smirked. "Hope you know what you've to do next."

"It's to late this time. Those two have probably reached the capital and will make the king eat some shit about Adelham.", I sighed, feeling down.

"Not if I teleport you right in front of the king.", he grinned.
=============================

Author POV
Lethielian Royal Palace

"So what news have our Orhamian friends brought today?", the king of Lethiel spoke.

"Greetings my lord.", Matilda and Bolthor bowed. "It's about the demon of sorrows."

The king looked concerned. "What about the demon of sorrows?"

"My lord, I'm sure you know of what happened to Skelen and who did this.", Matilda stated.

"Yes, we know about the disaster. We know that the demon of sorrows is roaming free on the continent.", the king stated, frustrated.

Of the ministers present in the chamber some were too horrified to even keep up with their formal look and the others were whispering among themselves about the legends of Demion.

"No my lord, not roaming free. He's in Adelham.", Matilda stated.

"In Adelham?!"

"Yes my lord. The king of Adelham has forged a pact with demon of sorrows to rule over the continent. And Skelen was the very first victim of his plans.", Matilda added.

The kings eyes widened with shock. He paused for a moment to recompose himself. Then asked, "Why would the king of Adelham do that? And how do you know of this?"

"My lord- " Matilda was cut off by a voice saying, "They don't know of this."

The king and his ministery got startled by the gravelly voice. Their eyes searched at every direction for its source. But even with all the eyes in the room nothing could be found except for the unnatural chillness in the air.

"I thought we got rid of him.", Bolthor whispered to Matilda.

"Looks like not.", Matilda whispered back, frowning at the chillness.

"Greetings. King of Lethiel.", Esker smirked as the rest of body recollected itself out of swirling snow.

Esker was right in front of the kings face. If he reached out his hand he could touch the kings face. The king had a terrified face, he was terrified of the supernatural being in front of him.

Esker turned to face Matilda and Bolthor. The words of the alchemist replayed in his head & he cursed himself. He glanced at Matilda one last time before letting loose a ice dragon on them.

"The odds are totally against us. I'm gonna teleport us out of here.", Matilda pouted at the approaching ice dragon. "Ianuae Magicae!"

So she can use teleportation magic. Esker thought to himself before turning to face the stunned & terrified king of Lethiel. Though terrified, the king was able to summon up his terrified royal guards and whisper, "Who are you?"

"King. I won't do anything. Just remember a few things." Esker breathed deep & roared, "There shouldn't be any alliance between Lethiel and Orham. And from here on, you'll obey Adelham."

The roar had sent chills through the king but still he was able to somehow mumble, "Who are you? Are you from Adelham?"

Esker smirked and nodded before disintegrating into a cloud of snow.

I'm so sorry😣😣😣 I said won't be late again but I was late again. Guys, I think from here on I'll a bit late to update like a chapter in two weeks or so. And for those who missed Demion, he'll be back in the next chap😎