Chapter 9 - The Wedding (Part 4)

I've been really busy but I'm glad I can finally post up the last part of chapter 9 to you all. Anyway I want to thank  everyone for being so patient with my slow updates these days. I'm sure there's mistakes in my writing but please tolerate them. [Whisper ~ Pretend they don't exist 😉]

Love you all,
LoveKitten ❤❤❤

--------

Chapter 9 – The Wedding (Part 4)

The wedding procession entered the imperial palace gate and made its way in the direction of the wedding hall where the wedding banquet was taking place. The sedan stopped outside of the wedding hall, where a long red carpet rolled from the inside all the way to the outside.

Festive noises were everywhere and servants hurried about to perform their duties. The wedding hall was filled with many people of the royal family, the nobilities, and the notable officials. Red silks draped decoratively everywhere and red stickers with the joy characters plastered on every wall and doors. Low tables of food were set in front of each guests while servants waited on them.

Tian Jin leaped down from his horse and opened the sedan entrance curtain. He reached a hand to support Xiao Ming out of the sedan. At first, Xiao Ming resisted but then decided to give in. He was here. Might as well get this over with.

Tian Jin lead Xiao Ming to cross over the threshold and entered the wedding hall. The servants at the door shouted to announce their arrival. Guests filled both sides of the hall and the red carpet lead to the end of the grand hall where the Emperor and the Empress were sitting upon two large golden chair. Noble Consort Wang, Tian Jin’s mother, sat in a slightly lower seat next to the Emperor.

Tian Jin and Xiao Ming stopped in front of the Emperor. There, they were instructed to perform the wedding rituals. First, they bowed once to the heavens and the earth. Second, they bowed once to the Emperor, the Empress, and Noble Consort Wang. Then, they bowed a third time to each other, acknowledging each other as spouses.

As the Empress watched the 3rd Prince perform the three bows that would tie him down like a trapped rat in a cage, she laughed victoriously inside her heart. Outwardly, she had on a doting and motherly smile and twinkling eyes of joy like that of watching a beloved child growing up at last. She turned her head and smiled at the Emperor. The Emperor also had on a smile of joy but the joy in his eyes were somewhat dim. When he saw the Empress glance at him with a warm smile, his heart heated up stiflingly with rage. A slight frown skipped across his continence and disappeared as if it had never appeared. The Empress’s smile drew wider.  She knew he was furious despite his poker face. Ever since she came to the realization that he didn’t have any love for her and had only married her to gain his Noble Consort, she had wanted to make him pay. She relished in his helplessness and his failure to protect the son he had with the woman he loves. She sneered at the Emperor with her eyes, mocking and challenging him. Then, she turned her gaze to Noble Consort Wang, who had on an impassive and calm face.You slut, pretending to be calm about this! I know your heart is bleeding! [sneer] It will not be much longer that you and your child will be sent off to the underworld. [Laugh evilly inside.] She turned her attention back to the male bride and groom before her. She smiled with immense joy.

….

After performing the necessary wedding rituals, Xiao Ming was led away by his maid Liu Mei and a palace maid to the 3rd Prince’s manor. There, Xiao Ming was taken to the bridal chamber where he had to wait for his groom.