Chapter 2 - The Beginning of Xiao Ming's Haphephobia

Chapter 2 - The Beginning of Xiao Meng's Haphephobia

The boy's face was filled with shock and something else little Xiao Ming couldn't really tell. However, the boy was very handsome. Still young, the boy's facial features were still soft and almost childlike. He was staring dead at little Xiao Ming's face in awe.

Suddenly, the pink flower he had plucked fell down between their faces. Little Xiao Ming snapped out of his shocked state and realized their strange position. He quickly pushed the boy away and got off the boy's lap to stand in front of him. The boy cushioned the fall with his elbows, scraping the rich fabric of his sleeves slightly.

"W-who are you?" exclaimed little Xiao Ming.

"What do you mean who? I should be the one asking you that question." The boy glared at little Xiao Ming as he sat up and checked his elbow. Then he saw the flower lying on his lap.

"You're a flower thief! Did Tian Wei send you here to steal my flowers?!" The boy yelled accusingly at little Xiao Ming with his finger pointing at him.

Little Xiao Ming's face reddened with panic, not knowing what to say. Technically, he was stealing. Not willing to admit his crime, he yelled out, "I-I'm not a thief. I wasn't even stealing it. I was just borrowing it!"

The boy wiped his tears from earlier and puffed up his chest with his hands on his hips. His hand was still holding the flower. "If you're not a thief, then why did you take my flower!"

Little Xiao Ming made his hands into fists as he yelled back embarrassingly, "It's just a flower! Why are you making such a big deal of it!"

"It's not just a flower! It's the flower my Imperial mother loves the most!" The boy angrily shouted.

The loud angry shout scared little Xiao Ming and made him cry. No one has ever shouted at him like that before.

"Waaaaaah! I just wanted to give the flower to my Mama! Why are you being so mean? Waaaaah!"

The boy panicked as he looked at little Xiao Ming who he thought to be a girl cry. He waved his hands in front of him. "Stop crying! Stop crying!"

Little Xiao Ming cried even louder. "Waaaaaaaaaaaah! I just wanted to get the pretty flower for my Mama! You're so mean!"

The boy grabbed little Xiao Ming's upper arms and shook him twice. "Okay! Okay! You can have the flower, but stop crying!"

Upon hearing that he can have the flower, little Xiao Ming's cries ceased to quiet sniffles.

"Really? You can't take back your words." Sniffled Xiao Ming as he wiped his face full of tears with his sleeves.

"Really. Just stop crying." The boy took one of little Xiao Ming's hands into his and placed the flower in his palm.

"Thank you for the flower. My Mama will be very happy." Little Xiao Ming smiled angelically at the boy, mesmerizing him. He continued to say, "My name is Xiao Ming. Big brother, what is your name?"

The boy pointed his thumb at his chest and arrogantly and proudly declared, "I am Tian Jin."

Looking at how arrogantly and proudly Tian Jin stated his name while having a face covered with drying tears, little Xiao Ming couldn't help it but to laugh. Tian Jin frowned.

"What's so funny?"

Little Xiao Ming stopped laughing and replied, "Nothing. Forget that. Earlier you said that a Tian Wei sent me. Who is this Tian Wei that big brother is referring to?"

Tian Jin's face contorted with hatred and disgust upon hearing the name.

"Tian Wei is my enemy! He bullies me and always tries to make me look bad in front of my father. Not only that, his mother got my mother in trouble by father yesterday. Right now, my mother is being punished to kneel in the temple for three days without any food. My poor mother."

Tears began to fill Tian Jin's eyes.

Little Xiao Ming stepped forward and patted Tian Jin on the shoulder.

"Don't cry. Crying is for wussies. Be a man and buck up! That Tian Wei and his Mama sounds like very bad people. My Mama said that bad people will get what they deserve in the end, so don't cry."

Despite the cheering up, the tears in Tian Jin's eyes still spilled over. He angrily said, "I hate that I'm so weak! I can't even protect my mother from those evil people. I can only come here and cry to my mother's cherry tree."

Seeing that Tian Jin was crying, little Xiao Ming hugged him and then kissed him on the forehead. Whenever he cries, his Mama would always take him into her arms and kiss his forehead to make the pain or sadness go away. He thought maybe if he did the same for Tian Jin then perhaps Tian Jin will feel better too.

He looked at Tian Jin to see if he felt a little better. The boy was not crying anymore, but he had a strange look on his face.

"Don't cry, okay? Mama said that a hug and a kiss will make one feel better, so don't be sad anymore. Even if you're not strong enough to protect your Mama right now, you can still get strong. Don't give up!"

Little Xiao Ming pointed to the tree next to them. "You see that tree? It is so big and tall, while I am so small and short. When I came up to it, I was scared to climb it; but then, for my dear Mama, I became brave and was able to climb up."

After finishing his short speech, he smiled brightly at Tian Jin. His face was extraordinarily beautiful like a little fairy.

Tian Jin stared at little Xiao Ming with a strange gleam in his eyes as if he had just made an important decision. He grabbed little Xiao Ming's shoulders and sternly vowed, "Xiao Ming, remember my name Tian Jin. We may not see each other after this. When I grow up, I will definitely come find you and make you mine."

Right after saying so, Tian Jin kissed little Xiao Ming on the lips. Shocked and confused, little Xiao Ming immediately pushed Tian Jin away. No one has ever done that to him before. He turned and ran away wailing in fright.

Somehow, he had made it back to where his dear Mama and the aunties and older sisters were before. His dear Mama was holding his older sister Xiao Ruo (who is still wearing his clothes) and was chiding her about something. Still crying, little Xiao Ming ran to his Mama and hugged her legs. His shocked Mama took him into her arms and kissed his forehead. "What is wrong? Why are you crying so dear?"

Standing next to them, Xiao Ruo harrumphed, "What is he crying about? I'm the one in trouble here!"

Little Xiao Ming cried into his Mama's embrace while still holding the flower in his hand. Too upset, he had forgotten all about the flower.

------------------------------------------
Well, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Please, like and/or comment! Let me know what you all think. 😸