"That's fun."

"Speaking of fun, I asked that tall dark and handsome man if he wanted to go to a certain party with a mystery girl tonight."

"No! Trish!" I whined. Several heads turned as I said this. "I told you no!" My words came out quieter this time.

"You said you'd think about it so you either can ditch the guy to eat at the Cheesecake Factory by himself or you can meet him." Trish grinned knowing she had me forced into this blind date. It took everything I had to not just punch her.

"Why would you do this?!" I whined as I literally facepalmed.

"Because I know you need to dive into a relationship. You look miserable half the time."

"Wow. Thanks!" I huffed not removing my hand.

"You know what I mean! And all you have to do if it doesn't work is just leave him at the party. Hitch a ride with me if sparks don't fly." I just shook my head. "Look, he wants to meet at 5 that way you guys have some time to get to know each other. He's as blind as you going into this date so I think he won't get too but hurt if you decide to leave him which I doubt will happen."

I removed my hand. "This is going to be so awkward. When were you planning to tell me?!"

"When you couldn't resist coming to see me."

"You have a huge ego."

--------------

I stuck around for another 15 minutes before a customer came through and I took that as my cue to go. I ran through Arby's and got their chicken slider before I went home. Brett wasn't there and I breathed out a sigh of relief that I hadn't realized I had been holding. Truth was, I didn't know if we were going to be awkward around each other or if he was just going to pretend as nothing happened?

I ate quickly and decided that I might as we'll start getting ready for my mystery date. I applied a red liquid lipstick and added a little glitter along the crease of my eyes before coating my eyelashes in another layer of mascara. I looked up YouTube videos to bypass the time and decided to look for a hairstyle that would be cute enough for a date. Once finally satisfied with an attempt of a half up half down hairstyle with a braid down the side, I curled my hair into subtle beach waves.

After searching my closet up and down, I decided on some black skinny jeans with 4 buttons and a white v neck crop top. To finish the look, I threw on a light Denim jacket and my trusty white converse. I looked in the mirror and smirked to myself. I wasn't going to lie, I looked Gooood!

Trish arrived soon after that and gave me supposedly all the tips on how to woo him as I just begged her to tell me at least his name

Trish arrived soon after that and gave me supposedly all the tips on how to woo him as I just begged her to tell me at least his name. Each time I asked his name, she just ignored my questions and continued to give me encouraging words. I felt like a guy being told how to get a girl in bed as Trish just continued throwing tips out and insisting how much I was going to like him. I wasn't so sure because I had one tall and handsome man on my mind and I knew I wasn't going on a date with him tonight.