0: nefarious

0; nefarious

wicked

~~~

In Sindria, there is a King and a Queen, both equally beloved by their people.

The King is a man named Sinbad, renowned around the world and dubbed the 'King of Seven Seas' for his strength and bravery. The Queen is a woman revered for her charisma and wisdom, Zariah of Sindria is a name that is known to all scholars of any empire.

And any man, woman or child who saw the wedding of their beloved monarchs would remember the pure, utter happiness within their ethereal king's eyes of molten gold and the shone of the sun that coruscated off of the queen's lovely, silvery hair. They were an unearthly pair: heavenly and exquisite, and the people trusted them to guide them well wholeheartedly.

Zariah and Sinbad lived in the Summer Palace in the rare times they were seen together. But the people understood. They were busy: their king with trade and their queen with diplomacy. However, in the rare times they were together, the palace gates were open to its people, and the children gathered in rooms to listen to stories. King Sinbad was a magnificent storyteller. To the boys, he would speak of his adventures of conquering dungeons and fighting monsters, and to the girls, he would speak of the tale of how he and his beloved wife fell in love: of how he swept her away from her cruel fiancee and rescued her from dragons.

But those were lies.

Which make the rulers of Sindria liars.

And very, very good ones.

That, is where this story begins.

~~~

The queen does not live in the Summer Palace all year long. No, on the contrary, Zariah stays in the coldest residence she can find. Heat breeds vermin, vermin ruin scrolls, she says when Sinbad asks her. But it's not as if it matters. In all essence, she could be a matyr. More than a figurehead, less of the unearthly queen everyone thinks her to be: entering a deal with the devil for her people.

That was the relationship of Zariah and Sinbad.

Quo pro quid. Equivalent exchange.

Sinbad could run around the world on his little adventures and military conquests (among others) with his merry band of pirates without worrying about the consequences of his country falling apart and Zariah and her people, the infamous nomad Scholars without fear of invasion and study their scrolls and ancient languages in peace in exchange for managing the state of affairs, and if ever need be, pop out an heir for Sinbad.

She was the perfect queen, and he, the perfect king.

But it didn't matter, in the end, they were all just liars.

( Or did it? Some say that if you believed a lie for long enough—

it becomes the truth. )

~~~

okay, i won't lie.

i'm not gonna update often.

i actually finished this years ago when magi (the manga) came out as a one shot. and i think by publishing it, i wanna brag that i had actually finished a book in my life.

but nooooppeee little old me just had to come up with a plot for it.

i mean, who doesn't dig sinbad???

like come on, you gotta love at least one asshole character in your life (cough cough light yagami is one of yours if all those fanfics are any indication)

i mean like dark!sinbad is totally legit now that he is literally a god and his name

i could go on forever about his name:

sinBAD

SINbad

'nough said.