P O D S 🐟

Aloha Mers! Today, we'll be talking about pods. Mermaid pods, to be specific.

Mer Pods are made up of three major categories: Mermaids, Mermen, and Merbabies.

Mermaids are half fish and half woman, mermen are half fish and half man, and Merbabies are half fish half child (boy or girl).

They consist of hunters, parents, gatherers, trainers, sirens, counsel members, teachers, and students.

All of them play important roles to the pod. Hunters provide food, Parents raise the Merbabies, Gatherers collect herbs and coral, Trainers train animals to help around the pod's home, Sirens keep humans from discovering them, teachers teach Merbabies the way of Mer Kind, students learn their roles in the pod, and Counsel Members act and complete the same jobs as the human government.

The last group consist of the rulers. This includes the kind and queen, and all their family. The royal family is a monarchy, but if a ruler dies with no one to take their place, the pod will have a vote. The winner starts a new monarchy.

• • •

Sometimes, two pods will have an argument, and a war will break out. Normally, the pods will make up pretty quickly, but a few times this has not been the case. The pods will create allys, and it will result in huge battles and even more deaths. When this happens, Mers get separated from their families and pods. They get sent away, and sometimes never see their family and friends again. There is even a risk of them loosing their tale.

While this is all sad, its true, and sadly, one of these wars are going on between my dad's pod, the North Pacific Pod, is in war with the South Pacific Pod. The South Pacific Pod already has a line of Alleys, while we only have one;  The West Arctic Pod. If your a mermaid with a pod on Wattpad, please, contact my pod and help us. 

Keep Swimming,

~ Isla ~