Controlling a Tailed Beast

The red haired woman paced up and down the office feeling anger, fear and guilt. She had allowed her own son to partake in a mission that almost cost him his own life if it weren't for Obito. "Why on earth did I ever let our own son go on that mission? I had my concerns from the first time I heard about the mission, I should have never allowed you to persuade me on allowing Naruto to leave the village..."

"Kushina..." The Hokage was lost for words. What could he possibly say to his wife about this outcome? Sorry that I convinced you to allow our son to go on the mission? You were right all along, Naruto should have never left the village?

Both of them looked at each other in silence. Neither knew what to say. Kushina wanted to lash out at Minato but she knew that he felt entirely responsible for what happened as he was the boy's father as well as the Hokage.

The silence was suddenly broken when their was a knock on the office's door and two ninjas walking inside. "Lord Hokage we've..." The shinobi stopped mid-sentence when seeing that the Hokage wasn't alone in his office. "I'm terribly sorry, is this a bad time?"

"No, don't worry Kakashi. Please come in." Kushina leaned against the Hokage's desk as she watched the two walk inside.

The other ninja tossed Minato a scroll, to which Minato caught it as if it were second nature. "We received this whilst we were out on our mission, your fears may very well be more than just your imagination after all."

Minato carefully opened the scroll and his eyes widened as he quickly read through it. "So is this confirmed or is it just a myth?"

"That is directly from the Mizukage himself." The shinobi, Jiraiya explained. "Although many of the members of the Seven Swordsmen are believed to be dead, two rouge ninjas have been  spotted carrying weapons that belong to the group."

Kushina's eyes widened. "So you may be right Minato? There may be a rouge group assembling that contain members of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist?"

The Forth Hokage closed his eyes and took a deep breath as he took all of this information in. "I do fear that if this group does exist and has people carrying around those weapons, there's no reason as to why the group wouldn't contain even more dangerous assets." He rubbed his temple as he looked up at Kakashi and Jiraiya.  "Please, tell me what else you were able to find out." He stood up and quickly cleared his desk in order to try and make connections of the events from the past to this new information.

"When we went to the Hidden Sand Village we found out that rouge ninja unsuccessfully attempted to capture and abduct the One Tail's Jinchūriki." Kakashi shakes his head. "And I've heard a similar event happened to Naruto recently. Lord Hokage, surely these two events had to be connected?"

Minato laid out countless notes and files on his desk as he attempted to relate them all, or at least some. "So Sasori of the Red Sand may well be part of this 'akatsuki' group and two members of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist may also be part of the group but we can't say for sure." He scanned through the many notes sprawled across the desk. "And maybe, just maybe those ninja that attacked Team 7 were under the control of Sasori, they may have very well been his puppets. That would explain why there was no trace of them when the anbu arrived at the seen, Sasori would have wanted to destroy any evidence that could be traced back to him."

The Yellow Flash scratched his head as he looked through all of the notes for a fourth time." If we were to link all these recent events together, it suggests that the 'akatsuki' is a group of exceptionally strong rouge ninja who are trying to obtain one of the strongest weapons in the ninja world - Tailed Beasts." He placed his hands down on his desk as he closed his eyes."But for what purpose? There's no way they'd be able to contain such power."