The Five Kage

The weeks that came after Naruto learning the truth passed in what felt like an instant and so did the change in weather. The Summer warmth had disappeared and the chill of Autumn had taken the place.

Trees had began to lose their leaves; it was the start of the end for many things. It was the end for such things as warm, long days but more importantly it was the end of the days in the academy for Naruto.

Autumn also signified the end of something for Minato: the end of the waiting for his meeting with the Kage of the other four great nations. The first Monday of September was the date today and the date of the Five Kage Summit that Minato had set up.

Difficult didn't even come close to how it was to convince the four other Kage to agree to meet up in one place. There seemed to be a rivalry between the Raikage and the Tsuchikage. Also, it seemed that the Kazekage and Mizukage weren't very fond of each other either. In fact, it seemed that the Hokage and Kazekage were the only ones out of the five that had even the slightest bond of friendship. Minato had told the other four Kage that this meeting would be important and if the other Kage believed it wasn't, they would surely hate the Hokage and the Leaf Village more than they did already.

Minato took a deep breath as he placed his hand on the handle that belonged to the door where the other four Kage were waiting for him. He turned the cold, metal handle and walked in the room. "Sorry if I kept you all waiting, I had to collect some documents before coming here." Even though Minato was in fact early, he wanted to be as polite as he possibly could to the people who could start a war on his village in an instant if they felt like it.

In the room was the 4th Kazekage, Rasa; the 4th Raikage, A; the 3rd Tsuchikage, Ōnoki and the 4th Mizukage, Yagura. Each of them was to bring two shinobi along with them for protection. Minato had brought two anbu with him who's identities were unknown to all except the Hokage. Minato slowly sat down in the spare seat. All five of them were sat at a circular table with their chosen shinobi either side of them.

"Thank you all for coming here to the Leaf Village. I've requested you all here today to discuss a matter that I see as becoming a larger threat to the shinobi world everyday. And that threat is a group of rouge ninja called the Akatsuki." Minato looked at the four Kage and waited to see if any of them had anything to ask before continuing.

The Mizukage cleared his throat before talking. "Hokage, if this is the same group of rouge ninja that you proclaimed to have members of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen in their group then my awnser is still the same: the whereabouts of the seven of them is unknown ever since the attack between them and one of your shinobi. We don't even know if any of them are still alive."

Minato rubbed the back of his head, remembering the incident many years ago of the battle between a taijutsu specialist and the Seven Ninja Swordsmen. "Well that's-"

The Hokage didn't get a chance to finish his sentance since the Kazekage interrupted him. "Wasn't it the Swordsmen who started that attack on three shinobi, then the battle turned to seven against one when one shinobi sacrificed his life to defend the three of those ninja? If they are dead then it's their fault for starting the battle don't you think Yagura?"

The Mizukage's left eye twitched a little as the Kazekage addressed him by his first name. "I never said who was to blame I was only stating a fact, alright Kazekage?"

The Kazekage smirked at the purple eyed Kage. "And I was stating a fact as well Yagura."

The Mizukage's eye twitched again. He had only talked to the Kazekage for less than a minute and he was already becoming extremely annoyed. Minato saw this and thought it was best to change the conversation without taking sides with either of them. "That incident is long in the past and we don't need to talk about it at this moment in time. Now please, I would be very greatful if you could listen to the information I have collected to the last couple of months."