Carl?

It was my first day at work and Carl was showing me how to "correctly" fold a shirt. When he was talking about how to fold it I had another memory. These memories were nice to anyone else, but when you are far away from them you tend to faint. So as the memory of my mom telling me how to fold the shirt, I fainted.

      I lazily opened my eyes and was blinded by the brightness. I looked around to see I was in a hospital room. Again. I looked at the door while Ava walked inside. I smiled at her because we haven't talked in a while. The silence wasn't awkward. It was reassuring. While she read a book she looked like a goddess.

No.

I had to stop thinking about her. Suddenly Carl and Jerry came in chatting up a storm.

Jerry's eyes lit up when he saw me and I smiled. He ran toward me and hugged me. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Carl's eyes dart away as a frown was planted on his face. I was worried about him so I asked," hey are you alright?" He pulled up a smile that was obviously fake," oh of course." I decided not to think much of it.

We talked, made jokes, watched dramas, and then they finally had to leave. Ava left with a hug, Carl waved, and Jerry kissed me on the cheek. When Jerry's lipped met my skin I smiled, but I could still see Carl's hurt face while he exited the room.

For an hour I was worried about Carl. I thought what could of happened. Does he feel guilty because I fainted? I decided to ask him tomorrow. So I just closed my eyes and slept.

Sorry for the really short chapters. I hope you like the book so far.