The Heir of Fire and the Lady of Night

Guys this is another ACOTAR--TOG Crossover. My stupid brain won't stop replaying this story in my head so, of course, I had to write it, as crappy as it is. I probably could have done better, but I didn't really have a lot of time.

This starts out around mid-ACOWAR, when Feyre is back at the Night Court, and they're all trying to find more info about how to defeat Hybern.

Also, I'm going to stretch the thousand year bit Maeve said in EoS. Pretend Maeve never gave a limit. However, she did say longer than a thousand years, so...

Tower of Dawn spoilers, so beware.

This is all in Feyre's point of view.

--------

"There is nothing here," I said to my mate through gritted teeth.

Rhys sighed, closing a fat book he'd been skimming through. "Trust me, Feyre Darling, I'm not having much luck either."

We'd been searching the library for hours, looking for some way to rebuild the Wall, only to find useless legends and stories that likely never occurred. I closed my own book--The Stories of Ancient Artifacts--and turned to Rhys.

"There has to be something that can help us," I murmured. "I highly doubt that reading about legends of ancient and forgotten goddesses giving gifts will help us with the wall."

Rhys huffed a laugh, though his violet eyes were cold. "Closer than what I found. All I've learned in the past two hours is Prythian used to be connected to Hybern, then was somehow blown apart by this dark energy seventeen thousand years ago."

Though he was right, the topic still seemed interesting to me. "Even Amren wouldn't have been here for that."

Rhys smiled slightly. "Yes. It soothes me somehow, knowing she is two thousand years younger than Prythian. Makes her seem a little less ancient."

It was my turn to smile. "That's hard to believe, considering she's older than all of us combined."

"Are you guys talking about Amren?"

Both of us jumped at the voice that floated over from the other side of the room, where Mor currently lounged in a red, velvet chair.

"By the Cauldron, Mor," Rhys breathed. "What the hell?"

Mor grinned, her brown eyes laughing. "Can't a female check on her High Lady and beloved cousin?"

I let out a laugh, standing from my own chair only to wince at my sore muscles. "There's not much going on here, Mor," I answered for Rhys. "We've found close to nothing on how to preserve or mend the wall."

Mor stood, making her way toward our pile of books. She plucked one off the top of the stack, casually leafing through its pages before slamming it shut to examine the leather cover. "I doubt researching the history of Hybern and Prythian is going to get you two anywhere."

Rhys sighed. "It seemed like the right direction to go at the time. The Wall is part of the history."

Mor let out a laugh. "Rhys, you should know by now that plain history is too broad of a topic."

Rhys's mouth tightened to a thin line. "Then what do you advise we research, Great Wise One?"

Through the bond, I could sense Rhys was not in the mood for being teased at the moment. I gently brushed an internal hand against his mental shields, soothing that edge, his shoulders relaxing slightly.

Mor looked through the stacks of books again, pausing over one with yellowed pages and a dusty, gray cover. "Huh. This one seems interesting."

"What is it?" I asked.