Story Starter

I was messaged from another user for a story starter.

This is where I write the beginning of a story, and you guys finish it on your own stories. You can do this as long as you give SJM and me credit.

Anyway, now that that's over...

-------

Morning light flooded the room as Rowan Whitethorn Galathynius opened his eyes.

Her scent was all around him—sweet lavender and lemon verbena mixing with a wild flame. That scent flooded his nose, calming him, and he welcomed that new peace. A peace that he had once thought to be impossible for him.

His arms tightened around his wife and mate, who slumbered quietly in his embrace. He took in her silken golden hair and beautiful features, his finger softly scratching against the back of her oversized shirt—his shirt, he realized.

Aelin inhaled deeply, smiling sleepily as she opened her gorgeous blue gold eyes. Eyes that were so familiar he could have painted them exactly.

Wordlessly, she slid her hand over his side, bringing herself closer as she buried her face in his chest.

He smiled slightly. "You know we're going to have to get up sooner or later, right?" He whispered in her ear.

She sighed, her breath tickling his skin. "I choose later."

He grinned, but before he could respond, they were rudely interrupted by the door of their room bursting open, banging against the wall. Rowan barely had the time to register what had happened before they were drenched in ice-cold water.

"Rise and shine, lovebirds," A voice greeted. Aedion.

"Asshole," Was Aelin's only reply before she hurtled after him, Aedion's bucket clanking against the ground as he sprinted away from the furious queen.

Rowan chuckled quietly as he bent down, picking up the abandoned bucket. Icy droplets of water slid down his spine, and he shivered. Gods, where had that frozen liquid come from?

Setting the bucket on the dresser, Rowan quickly dried himself off and dressed, knowing Aelin would be safe. It had taken some time getting used to the fact that they were finally at peace after all this time running and fighting, but he had to admit, it felt nice to finally settle down.

However, acheiving this peace hadn't been easy—his Fireheart had nearly lost her life during those eight weeks it took to free her from Maeve, who had tortured her in a way he knew still bothered her. Even after Chaol and Nesryn had found an antidote in Antica that preserved her life when she banished Erawan and the Valg, and Maeve had been killed in a whirlwind of ice and fire.

And that final, open battle against Morath and the forces Aelin had scraped up for them still haunted in the back of all their minds—though they all had survived by some miracle, not everyone made it home alive.

Rowan shook his head at the dark thought, exiting to go find Aelin, who was no doubt currently kicking her cousin's ass. Or burning it.

Whichever one it was, he knew his brother was likely paying for his boldness.

--------

Yep. That's all you guys get from me. ❤

It would be an honor if you decided to use it, but if you would rather not, that's okay with me, too.